Who else is submissive?

Are you cowardly when provoked?

• yes, I am a coward

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SocialRetahd

Males are suppose to be strong and stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, when a male with SP is attacked, he can't react the way he wants to. The fear is just too strong. Not the fear of being beaten up, but the fear of being the center of attention.

I am just curious how many males here have been cowarding when provoked their whole lives, just like me.

One of my earliest memories is of my cousins (who are now pushing 40) locking me in a box. I would say I was 4 at this time meaning it was 18 years ago. I wonder if this had a huge affect on me.

maggie

SocialRetahd said:
Males are suppose to be strong and stand up for themselves. Unfortunately, when a male with SP is attacked, he can't react the way he wants to. The fear is just too strong. Not the fear of being beaten up, but the fear of being the center of attention.

I am just curious how many males here have been cowarding when provoked their whole lives, just like me.

One of my earliest memories is of my cousins (who are now pushing 40) locking me in a box. I would say I was 4 at this time meaning it was 18 years ago. I wonder if this had a huge affect on me.
i know you are asking males, but i wanted to respond anyway :wink: ..i'm guessing being locked in a box would affect you or anyone else..hugely. Especially because you were just 4 years old. Holy shit, what were they thinking? People are jerks! How long did they keep you in there? Anyway, i am submissive also. Frustrates me at work..i'll back down from anything..and everything..to avoid an argument, confrontation, whatever. Bugs me when i have a point, a valid intellectual point of view to get across, and i keep it to myself to avoid the conflict..and i guess i just swallow the frustration..fuck :evil:

I'm so quiet around new people, I'm pretty much never provoked, since I don't do anything to piss people off. Plus I go to a school where there's a huge rule about no bullying. Why isn't every school like this?

recluse

I can't be assertive. I wish i was assertive then people would not walk over me. I'm afraid of speaking my mind.

snail

I tend to be brave when other people are attacked in some way, but I can't stick up for myself.

winnipegjets

I have to say that I have almost always stuck up for myself since I was 16. Although years of bullying in grade school had it's effect on me. I overreacted a lot. Sometimes I didn't get promotions at work because of it. I know for a fact that people were scared of me in at least a couple of jobs that I had.

Up until recently my motto was anything is better than being a victim, but I think it's time to let go of the past.