Who else is dreading Christmas?

TheStatue

I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm not dreading it either. It'll be bitter sweet nostalgia and melancholy as usual.

melsmood

Christmas bores me. I'll go feel mildly awkward about the presents stuff, enjoy dinner, probably not care a lot about the conversation, and come home to the comforting solitude of my apartment to go online.

Same here. Husband has no interest in christmas and is working, we've no kids to delight. The commercial aspect of christmas sickens me.

Lorraine Manca

i HATE christmas, its not as bad now that some of my family has moved out of state. my family is talented at saying really inappropriate stuff. i dont even get to drink at these shin digs either, cause if i put my glass down for one second, by aunt grabs it and downs it. "emily, your wasting your wine!" and down the hatch it goes. this'll give you an idea of what they're like:
uncle 5 over dinner: do bears have periods?
uncle 2 to mother: your new haircut makes you look like a dike.
uncle 1 to me: you're so hot, you're really hot, come on, dance with me,
aunt to me: your hairs gotten darker, you used to be pretty with your light hair, but now its brownish. (she tells me that every time i see her)
uncle 5: i wish a meteor would hit the earth and kill everyone, itd be quick and painless, you know.

they say stuff like that all the time, and they dont shut the door to the bathroom either, so you'll walk by and see them sitting hunched over on the pot. its awful!

Nicholas

Christmas sucks for all the reasons you guys already wrote:
1) Everyone seems to be happy, everyone MUST be happy and is forced to celebrate, and what's worse than being sad among happy people?
2) Presents... you have to accept them, and you feel bad for not having bought any
3) Lots of people around, kissing and hugging, you need to greet every fukking relative or whoever is around.
4) Christmas is too much about consumerism and hypocrisy. Everything looks so beautifully fake.
5) This might be the worse: you'll meet lots of happy people, and they'll feel like being very talkative, and what will they ask you? "What have you been up to?" "How's it going?" And that's not good when you dropped out of university after five years and you have no job.

But I'm sure that if I had good friends, felt satisfied with my life, and had a girl, Christmas would bother me much less, and I might be able to have fun too. I hope that will be soon.

Lost Girl

i HATE christmas, its not as bad now that some of my family has moved out of state. my family is talented at saying really inappropriate stuff. i dont even get to drink at these shin digs either, cause if i put my glass down for one second, by aunt grabs it and downs it. "emily, your wasting your wine!" and down the hatch it goes. this'll give you an idea of what they're like:
uncle 5 over dinner: do bears have periods?
uncle 2 to mother: your new haircut makes you look like a dike.
aunt to me: your hairs gotten darker, you used to be pretty with your light hair, but now its brownish. (she tells me that every time i see her)
uncle 5: i wish a meteor would hit the earth and kill everyone, itd be quick and painless, you know.

they say stuff like that all the time, and they dont shut the door to the bathroom either, so you'll walk by and see them sitting hunched over on the pot. its awful!

lol. This sounds like a TV show! :D

Tlachtgha

Anything that breaks up the unspeakably dull monotony of the year is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned :)

Square_Eyes

I'm looking forward to it myself. I'll be spending it with the only people on the planet that I can talk to without experiencing a mess of hideous symptoms.

I love watching my dog open up all her presents on Christmas morning. Even though they're wrapped, she know exactly which ones are for her. She must be able to smell that pet shop smell on them.

Pookah

I love Christmas. I love the tradition aspect of holidays. I do not like how people get in public though, or relish the thought of family gatherings. I just like the pleasant sights in general.

very_shy

In comparison to the New year I actually prefer Christmas, as it is much more peaceful like. While nearing the New Year Eve everybody is asking me where I will go and celebrate and I am considered dull answering I will stay home with my parents.

I have been dreading the holiday season for as long as I can remember. I feel obligated to be around certain people who I don't particularly like. Plus, being around others makes me nervous.

Elad

Banned
I hate christmas and meeting up with all my family because I feel like they have expections of me and my life which I don't live up to lol.

yaya christmas

reslo

eww uncle 1 sounds creepy
and i think i know some people who'd say the same thing as uncle 5 :/

I love watching my dog open up all her presents on Christmas morning. Even though they're wrapped, she know exactly which ones are for her. She must be able to smell that pet shop smell on them.
lol cute! my parents cat likes to play with the discarded wrapping paper- that's a present enough for them :)

Square_Eyes

lol cute! my parents cat likes to play with the discarded wrapping paper- that's a present enough for them :)

Oh yeah, my dog loves tearing up all the wrapping paper as well. She sits there amidst a sea of already discarded paper waiting impatiently for another present to be opened so she can sink her teeth in to some fresh bits. You'd think she'd get bored of it after like the tenth present, but no.

Lost Girl

I've had a complete turn-around. I'm completely looking forward to Christmas now because we're not running around Sydney visiting different relatives all day! We plan on spending half the time fishing and half the time at the beach instead with maybe 1 or 2 relatives joining us if they please. Woo! :D This is the first time I've been excited about Christmas in years :).

scruffpot

Im not dreading crimbo, I love crimbo but just the decorations and stuffing my face full of food but having on my own again for the 5th year in a row. Thats how i deal with the yule tide.
I avoid town and hate the crowds, and most of my friends have gone back to their families, I did my shopping on line all delivered. so i reasonably organized but I don't really go out and party, may just have a pint with a friend.
I dont go home because its a bit too expensive and I tend to argue with me olds as they argue with me, but then they dont really understand mental conditions, maybe next year il go home.
But I'm happy with Xmas on my own. i don't have a problem with it, just organize myself in time for it.

Danfalc

Banned
I took a page out of Scruffpots books this year,got my main presents online,I went up town 3 months back to get things like cards and that sort of stuff also to avoid the crowds,so Havnt got that stress to deal with.

That aside I am really looking forward to it this year,I have some really good people in my life..and Christmas is the time I really try and let them know how much they mean to me and spoil them.Plus it wont just be me and my Mum this year,so I have an excuse to do my flat up and not just go up my Ma's.