Who else is dreading Christmas?

Kat

Yes, I am trying to think of some excuses to get out of it. Don’t have enough money to go on a random holiday.

FOR REAL

Banned
hopefully i will be too drunk too remember it!

it must be tougher for folks that have kids though, i couldnt imagine the stress

Lost Girl

I have a daughter and a hubby and I hate the mixed feelings I get when Christmas draws close. I look forward to waking up on Chrissy morning with my own little family (partner and child) all happy in our jim jams opening all the pressies and all that good stuff - but having to see my other family -which is always awkward anyways- and then move on to see my partner's huge and noisy family is so dreadfully overwhelming. I get so miserable at this time of year just thinking about it. Once I get a wine into me I'm fine and actually enjoy myself, so I don't know why I continue to freak out year after year! Bizzare!

That reminds me Kat, I will be making sure that hubby and I save up for a xmas holdiay away for next year!

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I hate it. I know I will spend it alone while everyone else is having fun and being happy with their families and friends. It's depressing.

emmasma

I hate going to the big family thing on my dads side! It has gotten bigger lately and there are actually people I do not even know.

It seems worse than regular social situations for me because there I am supposed to be able to talk to my family, but I am still sitting alone looking awkward.

To make it worse I neglected to go to the funeral of one of my aunts this summer. She was not close but she was married to my dads brother, and her kids will all be there.

Lost Girl

I dread this line most of all; "So what have you been doing with yourself since I saw you last?" Which gets asked like a million times on that one day. I just quickly say "not much..." which is followed by an awkward silence, or a "hmm..." to break the awkward silence, which is also followed by an awkward silence. Nothing does ever change in my life. No job, adventure, new friends, nothing exciting, nothing. Nothing at all to talk about and bring to the table so that I dont seem like such a waste of space. Year after year after year I say the same thing- "not much." How f*ing interesting.

Christmas was great when I was little kid, but now it just sucks. My parents always complain that I don't act grateful enough for my gifts (even though I tell them not to buy me anything) and just get all mad at me. The thing is I get really anxious about opening presents in front of people because they expect you to have this big reaction, but I'm not very expressive so it just comes off like I'm unappreciative. I wish I could just wipe the day off of the calendar.

I'd say most people are miserable and uptight on Christmas. If you start freaking out go find a closet and sit in it and stuff your face with chocolate. The pain will go away eventually.

pljunkie

When I was working at my last job we got to choose whether we wanted to work on Christmas Day or New Years Day and I always chose Christmas to get out of the family lunch thing we do every year. But now I'm jobless which means I have to have Christmas with the family again. I don't know about anyone else but I sometimes even get anxious about opening presents in front of the person who got it for me.

Well...you can be skinny and miserable or fat and happy. Your call. Or find an exercise that you can do and like doing.