who are we and why are we all the same

anthony43

It strikes me that everyone on this website have exactly the same core problems,it also strikes me that we cant cope with normal life.The question that i would like everyone is ARE WE SPECIAL AND POSSIBLY HAVE HIDDEN TALENTS or are we freaks that are weak and cant deal with what the majority can deal with quite easily ,for example going to work.Is it a chemicle inbalance or are we really deranged:D

da_illest101

I think we are people that are rejected by society or rejecting society
we want to be like everyone else but the way we think is different
we don't want to be like everyone else because we like they way that we think differently
we are not different then anyone else we simply think differently

upndwn

SA and depression are serious illnesses that should be taken as serious as Aids and cancer. They are extremely detrimental to society and often leads to suicides and addiction.

Yes we are all unique individuals, but we also have a handicap, albeit a hidden one. This makes it even harder to cope with, as we are already struggling with acceptance, but outwards we seem fine to most people around us so they treat us like everyone else.

There has to be more focus on mental health issues and the severity of it in the public. Most people I know don't understand how hard it is to live with constant anxiety and depression, and why should they? The closest they have gotten to a depression is when they broke up with someone or lost their job.

There is still a huge social stigma against people with mental health issues. I myself is bipolar and suffer from severe sleep deprivation and confidence issues. Many people describe me as lazy and weird. While I don't blame them for their shallow assessments, their remarks still hurt. I truly want to be part of society, but it is hard when society doesn't seem to accept me for who I am.

Kat

I think it is a bit of a misconception all round. People with these problems seem like they can’t cope with things but their reasoning and advice is exceptional which would make you think in some respects we do have good coping mechanisms and considering the world we live in who is the delusional one the person with fear or the person without?

NihilSlayer

I think we are people that are rejected by society or rejecting society
we want to be like everyone else but the way we think is different
we don't want to be like everyone else because we like they way that we think differently
we are not different then anyone else we simply think differently

These are musings worthy of further contemplation. While they aren't exhaustive by any means, they bring to the fore the oft overlooked dichotomy of pride/self-loathing I believe makes up a large amount of the scenery of our mental landscapes-- or at least mine. To be confronted with a complete lack of success in all the spheres of life that our societies associate with efficacy-- and feel incompetent as a result-- but all the while maintaining some bizarre sense of pride; as if our suffering were some kind of cocoon in which we metamorphose until we can realize our divine birthrights.

Last edited:

Apotheosis

We are outcasts, misfits, rejected and dejected.

We are broken husks searching for something to heal them, make them whole.

We are the exiles of a culture that could not accept us.

We are the ones that fate deemed unworthy, when fate is unworthy of us.

We are all failures, in one way or another, but coming together in a place like this means that we, all of us, yet pursue the successes we deserve and can achieve in our futures.

We are an army fighting back against injustice.