When I go to any social event...

Rodney

I feel like the ugliest, stupidest, least approachable, least interesting, and least memorable person there. I don't see why anyone would want to talk to me and sometimes these thoughts are justified with the way others treat me (i.e. not being approached by anyone). That's why I hide in my house so I don't have to deal with all the mean people.

doubtmyself

Banned
I feel like the ugliest, stupidest, least approachable, least interesting, and least memorable person there. I don't see why anyone would want to talk to me and sometimes these thoughts are justified with the way others treat me (i.e. not being approached by anyone). That's why I hide in my house so I don't have to deal with all the mean people.

But deep down I think you would like to go, wouldn't you?
If you really focussed on preparing yourslef to face one social event, you may be surprised it isn't as bad as you think. Need to really prepare yourself mentally and emotionally first.
Ask yourself what is the worst that could happen.
Failure is not the end of the world. We don't achieve anything by not trying.
So if I were you I'd get some intensive therapy. Tell the therapist your goal and prepare accordingly.:cool:

recluse

I feel the same way. I feel thta i have nothing to offer anyone, no funny jokes, no conversation...Why would anyone want to be with me?::(:

OceanMist

As far as I'm concerned, I hate parties too, man. Parties are like this loud place where everyone else has someone to talk to except for me. Nobody approaches me, either. I'm not comfortable approaching people I don't know, so it just leaves me alone in the corner looking like the guy nobody wants to talk to.

I found that even when I would drink heavily I was often still very quiet.

montejocarlo

Maybe a party wouldn't be as bad anymore if all the people there are like us. Hmmmm... I wonder how a party like that would look..

What i often do when i feel alone in a social situation is try being comfortable not having anyone to talk to. As if i've chosen it. I'd act like I enjoy the silence of my own company. sooner or later, it's not just an acting anymore.

AsTimeBurns

Maybe a party wouldn't be as bad anymore if all the people there are like us. Hmmmm... I wonder how a party like that would look..

What i often do when i feel alone in a social situation is try being comfortable not having anyone to talk to. As if i've chosen it. I'd act like I enjoy the silence of my own company. sooner or later, it's not just an acting anymore.

No-one would say a thing, and that's if anyone actually turned up instead of cancelling. I'd be pretty tempted to go just to see how awkward it gets.