What's wrong with you.. weirdo?

pandamonium77

What's wrong with you and me?
Absolutely nothing. We are perfect JUST how we are, and just because some sour kid wants to come ruin our day does not make us inadequate or useless.
The thing about this world is there's so many people that judge others because of one belief, or your taste in music, or how you like your sandwiches made or what clothes or makeup you like to wear. Just because it's not normal, they HAVE to jump on it immediately just so they can look cool in front of their friends.

But to be honest... who the **** decides what is and isn't normal? Certainly not the popular kids, even though it seems like they do. There is nothing wrong with what you like, and if its different don't be afraid to express it. If you disagree with someone, openly disagree, but still respect their opinion.
If you get shot down, you get back up.. take them as compliments! When someone says something rude just look at them and smile, because honestly they're no better than you, probably worse than you because they so openly judge people just to raise their social status. I don't understand why I care about what people think of me, maybe it's just that I haven't found myself yet, who I am, what I would openly stand up for and defend it to the death, what my true personality is rather than taking fragments of other people's personalities and piecing it together like a puzzle.

That's why I've dedicated this year to finding myself, and openly expressing myself because honestly, there's nothing wrong with me, or any of you. You're all wonderful people whether you believe it yourself or not.

So I am challenging YOU to find yourself, and be who you are and who you want to be and not take shit from anyone.
Wear a ****ing tutu to school and flaunt it off if you like, be yourself, be creative, and don't let other people define who you are.

shybhoy

Absolutely nothing. We are perfect JUST how we are, and just because some sour kid wants to come ruin our day does not make us inadequate or useless.
The thing about this world is there's so many people that judge others because of one belief, or your taste in music, or how you like your sandwiches made or what clothes or makeup you like to wear. Just because it's not normal, they HAVE to jump on it immediately just so they can look cool in front of their friends.

But to be honest... who the **** decides what is and isn't normal? Certainly not the popular kids, even though it seems like they do. There is nothing wrong with what you like, and if its different don't be afraid to express it. If you disagree with someone, openly disagree, but still respect their opinion.
If you get shot down, you get back up.. take them as compliments! When someone says something rude just look at them and smile, because honestly they're no better than you, probably worse than you because they so openly judge people just to raise their social status. I don't understand why I care about what people think of me, maybe it's just that I haven't found myself yet, who I am, what I would openly stand up for and defend it to the death, what my true personality is rather than taking fragments of other people's personalities and piecing it together like a puzzle.

That's why I've dedicated this year to finding myself, and openly expressing myself because honestly, there's nothing wrong with me, or any of you. You're all wonderful people whether you believe it yourself or not.

So I am challenging YOU to find yourself, and be who you are and who you want to be and not take shit from anyone.
Wear a ****ing tutu to school and flaunt it off if you like, be yourself, be creative, and don't let other people define who you are.

SPOT F4CKING ON ! THATS MY VIEWS EXACTLY :cool:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yes. Wear, listen, think, feel, whatever suits you. I'm sick of the pretentious.
And in finding myself, I have actually made "friends."

I remember one girl saying, "Do you enjoy being a freak?"
"...Yes."

nephatitus

high school is over for me

i do what i need to do in order to survive in this world, ex: job,home,school,bills,tax, wtf watnot

normal is the last thing on my mind when im occupied with all this B.S that everyone is sending back at me. but i deal with it, if someone where to call me a freak i would dare for them to say it to my face, in a back alley, at night, alone. just a bunch of cowards hiding behind the backs of others since they cant bother to understand anything beyond their own small little world. they could just ignore the small things but Nooo, they gotta nitpick like the idots that they are. let it be, is what i would end up saying to em.

Jonhy

You're right we shouldn't deny who we are just because other people like other things. So here i go:
I like pop (not electronic music as i say), anime and hate soccer and mexican food. (i'm from mexico and soccer and food is like the basis of this society) :D

Now i just need to go out and dont deny it, hehe that's the hard part ;)

Rodney

But to be honest... who the **** decides what is and isn't normal?

I feel the exact same way about this, especially the "who decides what is normal part". I think about that quite often. Being afraid to tell my friends or family certain things because it would affect the way they thought about me.

AND

Thank you so much for this post. This is one of the best posts I've found on this site. Very inspirational.

Outshined

That was pretty refreshing to read. Most people I meet aren't interested in the same music or other things that I am. You can call me weird, but at least I'm different!! Now if only this would just stick in my head when I'm surrounded by a bunch of staring people. lol

pandamonium77

Thanks for the comments :D
And for those of you up to the challenge.. don't expect it to be easy, and don't expect immediate results - it's not an overnight thing

Oh, and I joined the GSA at school and gave my opinions in it today, and ordered some yellow, purple and black *all on the same shoe* shoes the other day

limetree

Agreed. Being attracted to others doesn't depend on conforming to some perfect image but actualising what you stand for; that very authentic self which is an attraction barometer for accepting, respectful peers in its own right. You just have to be willing to put yourself out there; wade through the moss, kiss a few frogs until it sinks in that even the most "popular" people face insecurities and rejection. If we throw away false expectations and use ourselves as a reference point, through embracing our quirky normalities, we can begin to see ourselves as the standard rather than an anomaly or exception to the rule.

What a fantastic post!

Once you have this attitude locked into your bones what or who can ever touch you?

I've just shown this to my friend Chris over at EndingSocialAnxiety.com and he would like to have it as a featured article.

Let him know if that sounds good for you. His email is on the site.

Cheers

Shaine

great post, but how do u find urself?? cuz if we ahd an "myself" we wouldn't be having this problem.. I'm trying... but it's damn hard... :(