Whats the worst thing SA did to you?

SocialRetahd

SA is the reason I let bullies give me a concussion and then let them get away with it. I then looked up these bullies years later (all wasted) and see how they were doing. Apparently they have graduated from big ten schools, some with a partial minority scholarship.

So I guess bullies really do get theres.

How about everyone else.

Y

-Stole 3 years of my life
-Left me a virgin till the age of 22
-Made me an anti-depressant addict

Those are the worst i can think of.

Johnnash

SocialRetahd said:
SA is the reason I let bullies give me a concussion and then let them get away with it. I then looked up these bullies years later (all wasted) and see how they were doing. Apparently they have graduated from big ten schools, some with a partial minority scholarship.

So I guess bullies really do get theres.

How about everyone else.

something similar..but i dont know what will happen in future.

bullies rally dont care about us..they dont care what effect it can have you..

Tryin

Complicated my life. Turned me into an unpredictable, deformed, extreme-heading, unreliable, hard-to-understand bundle of moodswings. Prevented me from being of use. Made the most natural and beautiful and important thing I can think of, the communication, into an at times unpleasant, confusing and ridiculuosly difficult activity for me. So that's it for me.

But I'll go further. Here is another list. These are the BEST things social phobia did to me: Enabled me to develop empathy, understandment and ability to connect with people who have mental issues. Made me fight for things and therefore gain ability to bear responsibilities and take care of myself. Made me turn to myself and get to know myself better. Taught me the importance of contact, communication and relationships and made me value these. Shoved me how to be independant and how to concentrate, work hard how to use my potentials, talents and my intelectual capacity and how to survive rejection. Also, I would probably never been able to develop such appretiation of music, literature and art, have I not been forced to isolation by my phobia.

Have I never suffered a panic attac in my life, have I never experienced depersonalization, depression or anxiety, I would probably be happier, carefreer, more likeable and many things would be easier. I would have shed less tears and, also, less tears would have been shed because of me. I wouldn't confuse or hurt other people. BUT have I never had social phobia, I would be less wise, less empathic, less though, less experienced. I wouldn't be able to enjoy life the way I do now and I wouldn't be able to understand people the way I hope I do now. Next year I am preparing to start studying psychology - I would probably never go for that, have I not benn social phobic. And, here we are, today I am going to meet parents of a little boy suffering autism. They are running a theraphy programme for him and I am volunteering for them as the child's playmate and therapist. And I would have never been able to do that. Have I not suffered social phobia.

recluse

It's robbed me of living a ''normal'' fulfilled life. I am unable to form friendships, and finding a girlfriend for me is as likely as the pope converting to Islam!

Y

Tryin said:
But I'll go further. Here is another list. These are the BEST things social phobia did to me: Enabled me to develop empathy, understandment and ability to connect with people who have mental issues. Made me fight for things and therefore gain ability to bear responsibilities and take care of myself. Made me turn to myself and get to know myself better. Taught me the importance of contact, communication and relationships and made me value these. Shoved me how to be independant and how to concentrate, work hard how to use my potentials, talents and my intelectual capacity and how to survive rejection. Also, I would probably never been able to develop such appretiation of music, literature and art, have I not been forced to isolation by my phobia.

Im so with you on this Tryin. SP made me a much much better nicer person, and i try to have empathy for everyone, even people i dont like. I started to believe we are all the same in fact with just bits of differences on the surface.

I believe pain makes us better people, so we need it in a way. Pain creates the nice people in society, so with those nice people among us, less people will be hurt, so the cycle neutralizes itself.

RoboLobster

Thust far it's destroyed my ability to have a healthy relationship with another person, friends or more. I'm sure I can work past it but it's set my life back a lot and ruined a lot of good things.

It made me suck at small talk and conversations with most people. So I have few friends. I don't even know if I just come across as not interesting, or I'm actually not interesting.

And it gave me no life. :?

sidney

made me feel so depressed, uncomfortable round friends and even family!! i always have negative thots and leaves me feeling like it will never go away ill just have to accept it :(

Johnnash

i've become a coward in true sense..i used to be a real fighter but now i feel like living in a shell or something..i dont have desire for anything..and i have become a very negative person..i like to criticise constantly, it's evident even in my posts here..the only good thing thats happened is that i have become more sympathetic to others pain..

Emma

Did badly at school because I wouldn't speak
Work with my mum
Have no friends
People think I'm weird
Will probably still be living at home when I'm 50 relying on my parents for everything.
Never leave the house unless I have to go to work

SilentStranger

It left me feeling Weird... thinking I am freak, wondering why am I different to others.

It made things difficult... to do shopping, to study, to goto work.

Its made things difficult for my family

But worst thing about SP, at least for me is the conflicting emotions of not wanting to be around people yet still feel lonely.

-SS

4seasons

rado31 said:
4seasons said:
Turn down countless dates and opportunity's to ask girls out.

this is the saddest part.

Its is. If i could get a girlfriend that would probably be a way to actually get over my anxiety. But because i'm so shy that cant happen haha.

snail

I always thought SA would get better as I got older and "wiser", but it's only gotten worse, and so has my depression. The only thing that's better is my ability to mask my fear so that acquaintances have no clue how messed up I am. :cry:

SocialRetahd

4seasons said:
rado31 said:
4seasons said:
Turn down countless dates and opportunity's to ask girls out.

this is the saddest part.

Its is. If i could get a girlfriend that would probably be a way to actually get over my anxiety. But because i'm so shy that cant happen haha.

Why don't you hook up with one of those needy girls.

BlackRose

The worst thing for me is reconciling the me in my head with the me in real life. In my head I'm active and playful and energetic and efficient - kind of like a puppy who gets things done. The reality is I'm usually holed up inside my house or another of my very few safe zones and am reliant on other people to just help the day go in. I know in my heart that removed from SP I am independant and confident, SP is the wall between me and my life. I know who I am in theory but not in practise.