What's the big deal about facial blushing?

CKnight

I have brown paper bag kinda complexion so I'm assuming it'll be harder to see facial blushing but what's the big deal about it? Your face turn read what's wrong with that? Isn't that known to be cute? Is it because people will notice your face?

I find it absolutely adorable and I had skin pale enough I would love for my face to turn all red.

nightcrawler

I know you mean well, but what some people see as "cute" can ruin other peoples' entire lives. Sure, going red when you're embarrassed is one thing, going red - or even the fear of going red - for no apparent reason in social situations can be an ordeal. It can/does cripple peoples' social lives, leading to further problems like loneliness and depression. I could give you a much longer answer, but please just read through some of the posts in the blushing forum.

Englishman

I used to be a chronic facial blusher but over the years it has definatly improved. I still get embarrassed from time to time, but no where near the scale that I used to. I think the biggest deal which people have with it (from my point of view anyways) was that it can be seen as a sign of weakness, and it also brings attention (social phobic's worst nightmares!)

Dreamseller

For me at least, it's the fact that I can't control it at all. It happens at times when I'm not actually embarrassed etc

I might be quiet/shy, whatever, but blushing all the time makes it feel like everyone thinks I'm overly emotional or babyish or something. (Infact I'm about as liberal as you can be)

CKnight

I know you mean well, but what some people see as "cute" can ruin other peoples' entire lives. Sure, going red when you're embarrassed is one thing, going red - or even the fear of going red - for no apparent reason in social situations can be an ordeal. It can/does cripple peoples' social lives, leading to further problems like loneliness and depression. I could give you a much longer answer, but please just read through some of the posts in the blushing forum.

Oh well I'm sorry then. I'll take your advice and read through some of the posts and try to understand. I still don't see the bid deal but I suppose. :idontknow:

A Many Splendored Thing

Oh well I'm sorry then. I'll take your advice and read through some of the posts and try to understand. I still don't see the bid deal but I suppose. :idontknow:

There's always an extreme to it though.

I do question things the way you do to try and get myself to see it as not a big deal. Some people affected by it majorly might not see it that way.

If they feel some way about something, it's hard to change. Some people even believe people don't change.

Thinking it's no big deal is one thing. Feeling it's no big deal is another. Emotions are tough...

nightcrawler

No worries. Sorry if my answer was a little blunt, but I speak from years of personal experience. I see you're quite new here...welcome :greeting:

Lalay45

I like to put this on my face too, coz there is no harm I guess, If your complexion actually dark..

doesit

Cknight so you say your brown in skin,how about ask someone to kick you in the face and walk around and see how people react then,might give you an idea of how chronic blushing feels.
As pointed out blushing is natural in sense where person feels embarrassed or shy naturally.But when it goes past that point and it appears in random situations causing person to go into panic,thus making him embarrassed without any reason,like in a meeting,having lunch in public place,or meeting new people,and then suddenly bam your all red,not cute red,but beetroot red within seconds,and in most cases it doesn't go away for hour or so.So if you dont still understand this try my method as suggested and come back with results,as believe me if attention wont bother you at least you will feel the pain,than blushing person does and its daily.