What r your goals?

lily

I put this in the Social Anxiety section bc all the goals I want met haven't been due to social anxiety/phobia and anxiety feelings
- I want to learn a variety of cooking so I can cook at home for my family
- I want to have the motivation to really clean the house - I mean the bigger cleaning, not just the dishes and wiping and my lack of motivation comes from taking medication
- I need to get off medication and only take it if in the least likely I really need it
- I want a boyfriend but it's not a must personally
- I need to exercise frequently to get fit and healthy - the pandemic sucks with my goals. We have to wear masks everywhere. I don't mind wearing masks once in a while but always wearing one is hard
I just don't know my direction in life, how it's going to turn out for me 5 yrs from now.

Last edited:

lilmutegirl

What a great question!

I hope you’re able to take some steps to achieve your stated goals, even if you have to start off small.

Here are some of my goals:
-Exercise-the older I get, the more important this feels, and it also seems to get harder as each year goes by. I especially would like to do strength training, which I would need some guidance on, since I have no experience with it.
-Cleaning/keeping my house in order-I was raised by hoarders, so I crave this very much, and lack sufficient skills/discipline to keep things orderly, even when I get everything where I want it.
-Writing-I have literally over 100 ideas for books, and have even started a few, but I get overwhelmed and quit. Also, I am afraid of having anyone else read my writing, for fear of the judgement.
-Spending more time cultivating relationships-with family, friends, and colleagues. I tend to keep to myself, and before I know it, I haven’t seen someone in almost a year. I have a friend who lives about 10 minutes away, and we just hung out last month. The last time I saw her before that was about 8 months ago.
-Save up to buy a bigger house-we are in the process of this. My contribution will probably not be very big, but at least I can help out some.

I frequently criticize myself for not making more of an effort on these, especially since I could easily take small steps toward them, which could add up to big progress over the course of time. I recently decided that I should set quarterly goals in each of these areas, but I have only sporadically done the daily tasks I have set for myself.

lily

Thanks lilmutegirl, for your encouragement! it's nice to write things down so that I can achieve them 1 by 1. I am going to a rehabilitation place where I can cook in a cafeteria for everyone in a group so I am starting next week. That's something. I can probably make good friends there, not only have friends online. I also have an appointment to go to and walks to go to. I've just been depressed bc it's not until tomorrow that I have things to do.

lilmutegirl

That sounds like a good start! I'm glad you have things to work toward, and some avenues to begin your journey.

lily

Hi lilmutegirl, Sorry I said 'You can do it!' kind of, well, I have faith in you! is what I mean and also I know it's hard but it can definitely still be done. :)

Sammie_Kay

check out ClutterBug on youtube, that chanel has really helped me with my cleaning/organizing of my house and the way I see things . Hopefully it could help you guys out too.

here are my goals and some steps on how I am going to achieve them. Its a daily focus for me so I am not going to beat myself up over it and I will keep a positive list of things I have done and not dwell on what i have not.

Goals
Not to let my depression get to me.
how to achive
dont think just do.
do random chores to clear my mind
or dance to help get in shape

Get my arms and legs fit
do weights and leg lifts
only focus on my areas to work on
also dance!

to start and finish all my crafting
dont keep buying stuff for your ideas
finish them

more family time
set one day off to go visit your mom

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Great question and forum thread, lily. :)(y)

Here's my goals:
  1. Keep my mum motivated and help her overcome her struggle with anxiety.
  2. Spend more time with my mum
  3. Stop allowing negative self-talk from dictating what I can and can't do.
  4. Get back into my old routine and start taking care of myself better; start exercising again, get up earlier in the morning.
  5. Get better at the guitar.
  6. Write more music and songs.
  7. Finish the songs that I've started but neglected.
  8. Teach myself another musical instrument or two.
  9. Declutter and organise the things just lying about in the spare room.
  10. Start reading again, as it's been a while since I actually read a book from start to finish.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Great question and forum thread, lily. :)(y)

Here's my goals:
  1. Keep my mum motivated and help her overcome her struggle with anxiety.
  2. Spend more time with my mum
  3. Stop allowing negative self-talk from dictating what I can and can't do.
  4. Get back into my old routine and start taking care of myself better; start exercising again, get up earlier in the morning.
  5. Get better at the guitar.
  6. Write more music and songs.
  7. Finish the songs that I've started but neglected.
  8. Teach myself another musical instrument or two.
  9. Declutter and organise the things just lying about in the spare room.
  10. Start reading again, as it's been a while since I actually read a book from start to finish.
Oh, just thought of another goal...
  • Get over my insecurities about my music, and just put out there for others to hear and listen to.
^ * I suppose this is an expansion upon the 3rd goal that I listed.

lily

Thanks Graeme! Yes another goal of mine is to spend more time with family, that was an automatic though so I didn't write it, but it's still worth writing down. :)