What people cause you the greatest anxiety?

What people cause you the greatest anxiety?

• People you're attracted to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Authority figures

• Aggressive/dangerous people

• Extremely extroverted individuals

• Total voters

Lonelyheart

I was just curious about what kind of people cause you-all the greatest anxiety.

I've always had a great deal of difficulty talking to ladies I'm attracted to. Whenever I talk to a lovely lady I become very quite, reserved, self-conscious, and overly respectful. Sometime people think that I don't like ladies because of my timidity or failure to approach attractive ladies. On the contrary, I think I love lovely ladies too much not too little. I care too much about what they think about me and whether or not they will like me.

On the other hand, I have little difficulty dealing with aggressive/dangerous people or authority figures.

maggie

i would have to say... i feel more anxious when i'm talking to someone i find attractive, and people of my own age...for some reason i feel less anxiety with young kids...or old people..but when it comes to others around my own age...i get more stressed out :roll:

savage_beagle

my two cents.

When maggie says she feels less anxiety when around children or older folks, its because they pose no threat to your ego. I think thats fairly normal with most people...we feel ''safe'' with others that seem less likely to judge or reject us, for they seem harmless and we can let our guard down. It is when in the company of our peers that we quietly take mental notes and compare ourselves to them, and i believe we establish a pecking order of where we stand socially amongst those peers. Here is where we should change our distorted thoughts and know that the reality is that there are no perfect people without faults. I think that when we finally realize that we are all equal and along the way, as we experience life and take opportunities that come our way...we become unique individuals. But we should never be-little ourselves and consider ourselves a step below the next person. Try instead to admire the good qualities you see in others and find a way to achieve them.

Bearly

A lot of my anxiety attacks have come from a combination of frustration and humiliation when people I care for or people I'm attracted to hurt my feelings or 'break my heart'. I've just had the thought that it is basically an overload of these negative emotions. Has any else experienced anxiety attacks under these conditions?

I am not crazy about authority figures (bosses) who have some control over you finacial wellware, but the circumstances listed above have resulted in the worst a-attacks.

Richey

people in authority and extroverted LOUD arrogant people cause me the most anxiety ....authority figures who try to run my life have a much greater effect then someone im attracted to, because someone im attracted to really isnt causing any harm what so ever ...sure you get nervous but they dont have a dangerous effect.

Maarten

I get very anxious when I am in a group of people. When I am alone with someone I am just a little shy and I can handle it. But as soon as you place me in a group of people I get very anxious and won't say a word unless I am spoken to and even then I will only give the shortest possible answer. I also get very anxious with girls I am attracted to.

Bearly

authority figures who try to run my life have a much greater effect then someone im attracted to, because someone im attracted to really isnt causing any harm what so ever ...sure you get nervous but they dont have a dangerous effect.

Physical harm maybe not, but someone you are attracted to can cause emotional harm, and for me that's the kicker.

Kinetik

I'm most awkward with people who have absolutely nothing in common with me. The big problem there is that I constantly wonder how I'm going to get through the next however-long-I-have-to-spend-with-them, and this could be any situation, from conversing with an unfamiliar relative to barbershop small talk. To take the latter example, the last time I got my hair cut, the barber was talkative as all hell. Now this dude is balding, in his fifties, likes fishing, and has a log home in the mountains of Norway. I had nothing to say. I just sat there going "yep, mmhmm" and silently prayed for him to hurry up.

scatmantom

maggie said:
i would have to say... i feel more anxious when i'm talking to someone i find attractive, and people of my own age...for some reason i feel less anxiety with young kids...or old people..but when it comes to others around my own age...i get more stressed out :roll:

Im exactly the same :(

Y

scatmantom said:
maggie said:

Im exactly the same :(

Wow, EXACTLY same here too, i found it very hard to explain this to my doctor that i feel much less anxiety near children and older people, and i had thought only i had this, i feel less like an alien now :p

Plus i get more anxious near good-looking people, boy or girl doesnt matter.

phoenix1

As do I. I think its probably because we value/fear our peer's opinions and judgements more, since we are a part of that group. Even more so with attractive people who we see as even higher up in status within our peer group.

IceLad

All of them are very tough for me, but if I had to choose one, it would be people I find attractive; where you really want to make a positive impression on who you're talking to.

Red86

Honestly, all of those kinds of people are intimidating to me, but like someone mentioned before, I can't stand being around people my age the most. With kids and older people I feel there's less of a chance of judgement there and you can be yourself more.

Predacon

any of those would make me nervous, but I guess a dangerous or aggressive person would be the worst as you would be in actual danger.

carebear

cute guys...no matter what age. if they are really young then not really but my age and older give me the creeps 8O