What kind of personality do you have?

Peony

I was always a very worried and anxious child. I bit my nails. I am still very much the same. I worry about everything. I panic a lot, get frights, anxious. I just wonder if this is sometimes the cause of my hh? And I wonder if anyone else that suffers hh have this personality? Are any of you super chilled out and relaxed but still sweat?

xDreamseller

I bite my nails a lot too, although not because I'm nervous...I'm just fidgety. Always have to be doing something with my hands/feet. Whether that's tapping them to music, chewing my nails or whatever.

I was also really shy as a child. Although not to other kids, I was only shy to adults. Now I'm just shy to everyone though :s

I'm almost never serious. Almost everything that comes out of my mouth or that is processed through my brain is fueled by humor.

TheTemp

Extroverted, funny, chilled out but stupid BDD had to go and screw with the best parts of me. I'm almost completely over it though.

DaaaBulls

I've noticed that when my hands sweat I become very anxious, fidgety, nervous, etc. When my hands are not sweating I am usually laid back and comfortable. HH effects the way I am, not the other way around.

surewhynot

This is my personal experience with HH. Until around 15 years old, I didn't experience excessive sweating. Then it started, especially during the summer, which resulted in ALOT of stress. This stress actually just made me sweet even more. I was permanentely worried about having soaked clothes, so I was constantly trying to minimize my sweating, which just made me sweat EVEN MORE.

Now, this kept going on for around 2 years and a half. After that period, I just stopped caring. I couldn't limit my sweating, so I just started ignoring it. What happend next is quite awesome: me not caring reduced my stress, which in turn reduced my sweating.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't have HH anymore, however it really doesn't bother me as much as it used to, and it has reduced considerably. So, if I had a suggestion to offer you, it would most likely be: try not to worry about it that much. Stress is an known factor of sweating.

:)