what I've relaized with help...

we all have a personality.. it';s just that we fake in front off other people.. we r afraid to except and expose ourselves.. I don't think I have a personality, but I'm probably just not admitting that I do(lying to myslef, so I wouldn't face it)... so I must, we must stop faking and try to be SOMEBODY else... cuz normally if we look at other people and the things they can do and we can't.. we''ll think were inept. we have to find us.. and do that by not trying to be somebody else.. we already have an "ourself" we just need to aknowledge it... i know what u;ll say.,. my persona sucks, I have no talents. I think the same way.. but isn't it better to try, than to live like this ur whole life.. I always wondered how people could make small talk.. they put out their opinions.. have fun, cuz they're being themselves..as soon as we start "
loving" ourselves.. we won't care what the hell others think and BOOM no social phobia!

this is not easy, I'm not saying it is...but isn't it worth trying.. I'm consulting with my therapist tomorrow.. anyone agree?

Nack

Banned
I don't care what people think of me anymore.

This and the fact that they have other more important things to worry about than trying to small talk. For them small talk is... well "small". They don't think much of it. It comes and goes.

As for me, personality. I have it, i just don't like mine... lol. It comes up as too childish... But of course all of this is at home. As for in the public, I've stop pretending. It just gives me chills.*shivers*

reslo

i think we do all have our own distinct personalities- even on here- we all share being socially phobic, and we tend to worry if what we say is the right thing, but we're all a little bit different & everyone has their own unique perspective/interests/experience. We all have different motivations. I think it's just hard to see it because we're too close to it....

lol im not sure if "BOOM! no social phobia" will ever happen, but i definitely think it's possible to get it to more managable levels

As for me, personality. I have it, i just don't like mine... lol. It comes up as too childish... But of course all of this is at home. As for in the public, I've stop pretending. It just gives me chills.*shivers*

I've always hated my personality too... lol like i can't stand to re-read my posts on here. I spent a lot of my youth (from at least 12)wishing I was more outoging, wishing I had a better personality, wishing I could do things other people seemed to do with ease. If I was anything but shy, things would be easier, but I figure that everyone has their problems, being inordinately afraid of/uncomfortable around people is mine....

shore_of_glass

this personality thing, I've thought a LOT about it. And the conclusion I get about myself is that I don't have one personality. I can't look down inside me and see the "base" personality, the foundation... Is there supposed to be one?

Cuz I feel like I fake soooo much, I fake for all kinds of people, I try to live up to their expectations and in the end I don't know who I am.

So much **it going on in my head lately, I just can't think straight..

brokenfingers04

The "base" of one's personality. I believe its that part of us that we are afraid to show and/or let people know about. Which is the problem for all of us.
People that you truely trust get to see that side. When thiers no one you can trust than it doesn't come out. You're then stuck in your own mind, trying to
figure it out, the world around you and how they fit together. Find people to trust, be yourself, and soon enough things will balance out. Hopefully.