What is your trigger?

DanFC

There are different things that set us off, whether it sets us off onto a panic attack, depression, or a fit. What's yours?

Whenever I see a happy couple together or kissing I usually get depressed. Last night I was a host at an event and there were all these couples everywhere, eating together and dancing. And I had to talk with them. You can bet that I took advantage of the open bar ;)

Handling and using live firearms without silencers makes me panic usually. Things like fooling around with dangerous complex machinery that can kill people if handled wrongly also makes me extremely anxious. A couple of my friends are in that line of work. Port crane operators or foremen. I hate to do those kind of work. Giving presentations on unfamiliar topics also give me panic attacks.

For depression, it's mostly caused by insomnia and its secondary effects. I also share the OP's view on happy couples. It sometimes makes me feel down to see seemingly everyone moving on with life and myself stuck in limbo. My own incompetence at technical things whatever it might be... work, hobbies, studies... etc... makes me feel very, very depressed.

Shift

Yelling of any sort, being in an unfamiliar area by myself, and being around a large group of people for an extended period of time or even a small group of people who I don't know usually set off my panic attacks...

Just about everything sets off my depression. If I feel like people are ignoring me, if someone makes rude comment about me, if my best friend makes plans to hang out with his other friends instead of me and when he leaves the country/state because I feel like he's abandoning me, if my dad is in the same room as me, if I spend too much time at home alone, if I think someone is angry at me, etc.

Nack

Banned
There was a teen couple doing a "titanic" scene on this ridge at the park, my friend just made a funny remark so I just laughed. I thought it was kinda silly too :\

static

Being around a lot of people & not talking to one of them because I don't know what to say... happens too often.

mrb

being in a confined space with no windows , and lots of people talking to me ... its not a panic attack , but i just dont react very well to the situation , i just want to get out of the room

AidanKay

Sometimes random, most of the time because my chest hurts or it's a little hard to breathe (I sometimes get these randomly). These get me onto thinking about heart attacks. Then my chest reaally hurts.

I've noticed my panic attacks started a month or 2 after my granddad had a near fatal heart attack. Which, when I was told over the phone about it I started to tear up, though my mind wasn't sad.. just my body, if you get what I mean.

So now when I have a panic attack I freak the eff out, thinking I'm dieing of a heart attack.

-Aidan.

market.garden

Arguing with people, like if someone disagrees with me, even on the smallest most insignificant thing can send me into a low pit of depression for a few days. I'm trying hard to work on that though, just calming down and reassuring myself its no big deal.

Lorraine Manca

these are my triggers;
-seeing people with unhappy facial expressions
-very happy moments with people and kids im fond of triggers depression, i know ill have to say goodbye eventually and never see them again. i feel screwed for life, my greatest happiness always triggers my worst depression.
-small comments that even remotely confirm the things i hate about myself

HeavyRain

Being around people in general, but it gets worse when I see people happily in groups or couples.

emboki

well being in embarrassing situations I would say...and anything related to bad past experiences etc or even similar to it to some extent.

bigrob

A large crowd is generally mine if I don't have to deal with anyone specific, otherwise anytime I may have to talk to someone I don't know bothers me.

applegirl

when i'm in a crowd i feel like i'm being swept away to sea but yet i don't know what to say to anyone so i'm just quiet and that really causes a lot of distress for me to constantly think about when someone is going to call me quiet or make some comment about my lack of talkativeness (which usually happens). :( I get very panicky when i hear people around me talking or laughing loudly. i always think they are talking or laughing about me. i hate being in a large group, period, but it's unavoidable in the case of class sizes in college and currently jury duty i am doing *cringe*