What is your fashion connection to SA

Metal_isthe_Answer

Yeah so do I.. I also use glasses to hide my eyes and hair to do the same.. I like long sleeves but Texas is hot so... yeah

I hate shoes and go without as much as possible. I like my clothes worn and real. I do not like to pretend to be other than I am, cause that would be not me. And I am already only me, in an unofficial capacity..

Anyone else? I am very curious!

Im from Texas too, no way I could do long sleeve shirts, anyway, I just wear basic single color t shirts and slacks, or shorts.

w*n*c*a*m

I always want to look simple, sexy but not too revealing. If i can, I wear shades since it helps me to act more confident. Sometimes I'm tempted to wear fake glasses because I noticed that I become less conscious when people can't see my eyes well. I did wear one before at the mall and I acted so confident, I even had a friendly chat with a salesperson. But it's so silly to wear glasses when you don't need it. And if you wear it for a long time, I'll develop deep under eyes which is ugly.

If I go out without looking presentable, I become more awkward and timid. However, if I look too attractive, I get too conscious when people look at me and I end up acting stupid.

Moderation is the key. :giggle:

RoseQuartz

I wear a lot of black because I like people in black, so sexy. And not many colors look good on my pale skin anyway. I feel good in blue, red and purple too.

I run away from grey, it makes me feel depressed.

My fashion connection to SA ... well, shoes. I have a hard time picking shoes because I'm always afraid I might slip, trip in front of other people... I always ask someone to change the sole to something less slippery. No high heels for me either, I tend to lose balance often. And I find it annoying as hell when people say I should wear "feminine" shoes, especially because it often means "uncomfortable".

I wear mirrored aviators :cool: to work and mirrored safety glasses at work. I wear my aviators inside buildings cause i get headaches from a lot of lights. After my eyes kinda adjust to the lights I take them off though. As far as clothing goes I have to wear navy blue fire resistant work uniforms through the week that are absolutely horrible when you have a heavy sweat going on. And steel toe leather Florsheim work boots that I shine the Army way. I had my uniforms tailored to fit perfectly and I shine my work boots simply because shoe polish keeps the machine coolant from soaking thru them to my socks. On my days off I'm a Levi's & T shirt kind of guy. With hiking boots (also spit shined) or tennis shoes. And a ball cap. Unless we go somewhere nice, then I wear American Eagle or Ralph Lauren jeans and a polo shirt. Or I'll wear Levi's and a button up short sleeve shirt and dress boots. I'm picky about the way I look but I'm not sure if SA affects the way I dress.

destructoroflife

Am I the only one who gets terribly embarrased for dressing with "style"?

I think it's a fear of how people would react to that sudden change in me. As all my life I've dressed casual.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

Oddly enough, I wear some quirky things that often make people stop and look at me or talk to me. My cupcake hat gets a lot of compliments. I guess I just like to be noticed. It makes me feel less invisible.

this_portrait

I wear a lot of black, but that stems from when I was younger and was a bit of a goth kid. There's more color in my wardrobe now, but black is still the primary one, along with grey.

SA hasn't really influenced my wardrobe. If I wear plainer clothes one day, it's more because I'm lazy and/or don't feel like dressing up. I take that same approach to makeup as well.