What is the best way to make friends in uni?

Feathers

Do you live with roommates or flatmates? That can make it A LOT easier to meet people, hang out with them, talk to them... I met most friends at the dorm or at the uni... just talking in breaks at first, then more...

If not, do you know anyone who lives in a dorm/ with roommates or flatmates? Again, this can make it easier... People who come to a new city can usually be appreciative of new friends!! (That goes for international students too!)

It's great you're going out and that you've joined clubs!! Definitely a way to go - hmm, do those clubs interest you otherwise too? I'd stick with what really interests me, it's easier to meet people who like the same things, methinks! Then you could try walking home or going for a drink - tea or cocoa etc with one or a few people? And maybe talk about an interesting event and agree to go there or meet up there?

Transition from 'acquaintance' to 'friend' can be very slow or very quick - depends on the people and how you 'hit it off' - common interests/worldviews etc and time shared together can be a big factor! (or even taste in music, movies, life events etc)

As for your job - hmm... Can you get a new job before you quit the old one? That would probably put parents at ease...
It's definitely better to have a job if you want to meet friends and hang out with them - eg concerts or drinks or such can be a bit costly sometimes... depends where you want to hang out with them too... some things can be done for free!!
If you otherwise like your job, you could maybe just work around it? eg go with people from those 4 clubs to interesting events that fit in your schedule? Any interesting co-workers to go to events with?

If you really hate that job and/or really want to see what the other clubs are about and what kind of people go there - you could do some 'research' first maybe? eg look at their website or FB groups, see what kind of people are there? Maybe some would be open to meeting new people online too? Or maybe they have some events in time that would be okay for you?

I don't know where you live and how easy it is to get a (new) job there? That's a factor to consider most, I think (?)

mikebird

Banned
Don't follow the sheep. It may be getting late for you.

Find an exclusive, niche crowd. They will welcome you. The genre of lifestyle may be your favourite, but be bold enough to look elsewhere. I mean: clothing, attitude... who knows? Disabled? Impoverished? Posh? Violent? Shaved scalps? Tattoos & metal? It's the pinnacle of your life. Compromise. Tolerate.

I made a mess of mine.

Best of luck.

WeirdyMcGee

Try different things-- see what you enjoy and what works for you.
A trial period in clubs and extracurriculars are always offered to people who are thinking of joining; and it'll give you an idea of how well you fit into the group and what the group dynamic is like.