What happened today

cocorose

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but anyway, just something that is on my mind today.

This morning I was at the bank and a homeless man walks up to my car and asks for some change for a drink. I gave him all the change I had, and told him i wish I had more to give him. For some reason something about him really got to me. I was talking to him for just a minute and he said something about giving me a valentine.. he said he draws and he has pencils in his bag but he needed to get a pad of paper. Before he walked away he said "I love you". he was just a little incoherent and I knew that just meant he was greatly appreciative. He started walking away, and I left the bank. For some reason I felt like I needed to do something so I went and bought him breakfast from the closest fast food place and went to go look for him. I knew the direction he was walking so I drove that way and a little ways up I see him walking. I pulled over and gave him the food. The point to this is that I am kicking myself because I keep thinking of him talking about drawing, and I really wanted to buy him a pad of paper so he could draw, and when he said that I wish that I would have told him that I would buy him some paper. Now I can't stop thinking of it. I even went back to look for him a second time after I gave him the food because I wanted to somehow find out a way to get him the paper. I just know what it's like not to have anything and I really wanted to help him. I know how happy that would have made him if he could just have some paper to draw with. Idk, this might just sound really crazy. But I felt really bad and wanted to get it out. I might go back to the bank and look for him tomorrow.

Lamb

I think it's great that you're deciding to do this favor for him.

There was a homeless man I once came across in the train station. He seemed like an intelligent guy who just ran out of luck. A police officer was talking to him. Since the route was on my way home from work I decided I'd give him 100$ for christmas as the holiday was rolling around. Something I liked about that guy. But, after that day I never saw him again. So if this is something that feels like a calling to you, go for it so you don't have regrets. Just be safe in the process.

ImNotMyIllness

That was very nice of you. I know how you feel. I've done stuff like that before a few times. But, I never seem able to find them again. I remember this old homeless lady, I would buy her dinner when ever I saw her. She would always call me precious. Then one day, I never saw her again. I felt really bad and worried for her.

jaim38

That was a good thing you did. It's almost valentine's day so I guess love is in the air?

Sometimes when I'm driving or sitting in a car, I see a homeless man waving around a sign asking for donation. Nobody gave him anything; the drivers around me will just sit there looking straight ahead and trying not to give him eye contact. Sometimes I thought about giving him money but my mom would tell me that he could be faking being homeless. But I would feel bad for not giving him money.

There was a time when I gave some homeless people money, and I felt really happy afterwards.

cocorose

That was a good thing you did. It's almost valentine's day so I guess love is in the air?

Sometimes when I'm driving or sitting in a car, I see a homeless man waving around a sign asking for donation. Nobody gave him anything; the drivers around me will just sit there looking straight ahead and trying not to give him eye contact. Sometimes I thought about giving him money but my mom would tell me that he could be faking being homeless. But I would feel bad for not giving him money.

There was a time when I gave some homeless people money, and I felt really happy afterwards.

I see people like that all the time. There are people that I know are not homeless that try to scam people.. like people in the parking lot at walmart, pretending that they are on their way to some other town, trying to get to family and they ran out of gas. But I know those people are just trying to scam people. I once saw people like that and a little while later saw them walking with a case of beer. I am aware there are people like that, but this man struck me for some reason. I can usually tell if people are being genuine or not.

Lamb

That can be a dangerous situation, especially in a car. I was in the passenger seat of my mate's car once and he happened to roll the window down to give a traveler money. There was something a little peculiar about that guy, asking if he would get sent back to jail if he committed a crime because he was on probation. At worst he could've hijacked our car or killed one of us. Good thing the light turned green! Learned our lesson.