what do you do when

jaypee06

youre around unfamiliar people and they start talking about their other friend who's sad and lonely and doesnt have a gf or cant find a decent gf... or like they basically describe someone like you, but theyre ALL talking about that person in a negative way

I would say: just listen to their story and just let them talk. These people don't know you, so they can't judge you. You don't neccesarily need to feel awkward when they talk like that, cuz they're not talking like this about you. You may recognize some things, but that means you're not the only one with such problems. You can also learn from it. You can tell them that you might know how their friend might feel and that there's nothing wrong with it. Their friend just need to learn to be more confident and to become more sociable.

Richey

i hear these conversations alot between co-workers, the tendancy is to be quite harsh against anyone who is outside the norm, its because people create their own standards and often have had a fairly normal and successful life so they like it when other people fit into that bracket.

Fighter86

Well, I would just let them talk, but really, as there are many people out there who are attached, there are as many who aren't. Just a couple of days ago, there was an entire page of article in the newspaper that writes about just how many singletons there are in the 25-30 plus age group, people who haven't had a single relationship before, and 65% of the people interviewed knew of at least one person who knows someone age 25 and above who hasen't had a relationship before.

lyricalliaisons

I've had things like that happen before. I just sit there & say nothing even though I feel bad because I'm too afraid to talk to anyone.