what can a Neurologist?

janka3

Hi I've had SA for a number of years i've been through 3 different Pshyc's but they seem to end the same with them seeing my symptoms which can be a slight tremor in my stomach to my whole upper body shaking pretty violently I dont get better then them trying to convince me to get on a certain drug and i refuse then they give up. so my parents suggested paying for me to see a neurologist do yall no what help one could offer me?

I'm not rly sure, I did go to a neurologist, he can prescribe u drugs, and he prolly will, about othe rkinds of therapy im not sure.. if u rly have a problem, ull get drugs,. :)

lunarla

A neurologist would likely try to pinpoint the exact imbalances in your brain that are giving you such reactions. I think this would be beneficial for what you're describing because it is apparent that you're having a nervous system reaction.

janka3

thats good to know since i do want to know exactly what it might be if i get prescribed medication should i take what they tell me to heart or should i go see a phsychiatrist before i start poping pills.

lunarla

thats good to know since i do want to know exactly what it might be if i get prescribed medication should i take what they tell me to heart or should i go see a phsychiatrist before i start poping pills.

It would be a good idea to get a second opinion or even more! Make sure that being on prescribed meds would be the last resort, and you've done everything else possible beforehand. But when it's all said and done, if what's decided is that taking medication is the best possible route for you, then there's no shame in that.

FOR REAL

Banned
my Neurologist sent me for brain scans and also recomended me to a physio therapist because of my vertigo

it was all done for free in the uk

Noca

Banned
Hi I've had SA for a number of years i've been through 3 different Pshyc's but they seem to end the same with them seeing my symptoms which can be a slight tremor in my stomach to my whole upper body shaking pretty violently I dont get better then them trying to convince me to get on a certain drug and i refuse then they give up. so my parents suggested paying for me to see a neurologist do yall no what help one could offer me?

Usually someone sees a neurologist if they are only experiencing physical symptoms and not psychological symptoms. Taking a medication everyday is nil if you are able to get your life back because of the med.

Remus

Staff member
my Neurologist sent me for brain scans and also recomended me to a physio therapist because of my vertigo

Oh? what does a physio do for vertigo? I had VRT which consists of follwing my fingers and moving my head around

FOR REAL

Banned
Oh? what does a physio do for vertigo? I had VRT which consists of follwing my fingers and moving my head around

aye well thats what i thought aswell, and i asked her that question and she said that physios were a bit like counselors. i dont know!! she was a really nice woman though

i got all that head movement stuff aswell, and all that standing up and down stuff,! she said i shouldnt rush things and to try and relax, but i couldnt. it felt as if i was 100feet tall and the ground was miles away, and it still does

you say VRT remus, well she had another name for it. it was in latin i think:confused: