What calms you down?

Tiercel

Sometimes it's nice to crank it up and leave some of your energy and anxieties behind when you turn it off. Sort of like listening to a melancholy song helps relieve sadness.

Other times I'll go for something classical. But if I really want something to calm me down or help me get to sleep I reach for Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin. There's just a simple elegance about them that I really enjoy.

Or if they're singing, I like listening to birds sing outside.

Unfortunately it's too late right now to blast metal, and too early for the robins to sing.

:rolleyes:

dottie

being alone.
tea.
my cat.
my dogs. especially when they lick my face. i know that's so disgusting but it calms me instantly. and i can always wash my face. how can puppy kisses not make you smile? you have to be lord voldemort.
sip of wine.
hot bath.
a drive.
hiking.
ocean.

dottie

alfie :D .................................................

alf.jpg

?????????????

i guess he is fuzzy...

lmfao dottie ...... I will change my avatar so you see the real alfie

. how can puppy kisses not make you smile? you have to be lord voldemort.

because ....... they just licked their bollox :eek:

Giving my cat a hug usually overwrites any overly negative emotions. ^W^

Classical music, delicious food and perhaps a good movie are also good relaxation backups. :3

I have this awful habit of thinking too much, to the point where I feel like my head's going to explode because of too many thoughts. When I feel like that, I usually lie down on my bed, close my eyes, focus on not thinking and that calms me down after a while.