What Are You Good At Because Of Your Situation?

cowboyup

ooooo, good thread!!! First I would say I consider myself somewhat intelligent because of my comfort in loneliness lol. I read lots, mainly sifting through math problems or physics text books. I enjoy doing it.

^^ So you could help me with my math, when I end up taking it? LOL

HumanZ

When I'm motivated to something, I can be VERY diligent and straggle to get what I want.

I'm also modest and helpful person even though I sometimes lack of emotional feelings..nevertheless I'm friendly and trustworthy.

laure15

I don't like boasting about myself, probably because throughout my life, I've been taught to be moderate in everything that I do. But, if I have to list my strengths, I would say I'm good with IT-related stuff, have some analytical skills, am hardworking (though sometimes, I try to do everything by myself because I don't trust others), and I can be flexible (from doing all those yoga moves).

takeheart

I’m good defender at football (soccer) I have been told by many people and I do appreciate it. It doesn’t really boost my confidence though; I mean what do I get for being good defender at football?? What I want is being good at something realistic like being very creative or something. Freak football man!

takeheart

“I don't like boasting about myself, probably because throughout my life, I've been taught to be moderate in everything that I do”

This brother is right, we ought to humble ourselves and not boast about our talents. By that way, it makes us BEAUTIFUL!
Once you humble yourself you become beautiful person regardless of what you look like

xDreamseller

It's funny you talk about being humble, last night at a talk about going to London for a week to visit all the major investment banks with Uni, we were constantly told to be LESS humble. Not because of the job, but because students from my uni (Queen's University Belfast) have a reputation across the globe as being overly humble which I think is pretty funny. I've always been a humble person, not on purpose, just because I'm too shy to show off.

I don't see why being humble is such a good quality, I'm trying to be less humble. Sure, screaming that you're the best all the time isn't good either, but I think it's better to be slightly cocky.

xDreamseller

I'm good at reading people. I can tell a BS'er in a few sentences from their mouths. Also good at pointing out Russian people from their features and not too bad at picking who is a liberal and who is a conservative by only their facial expressions and mannerisms. All a product of my internal defense mechanisms after years of dealing with jerks/liars! No more though, I don't give em a chance.

I just assume everyone is a liar. I don't get why people lie anyway, if it's important enough to lie about, you'll probably be found out sooner or later anyway. I don't think I've lied about anything since I was about 5. Haha

Briars_Luck

On the days where my anxiety is too great to step outside, I'm very creative and imaginative with craft ideas, baking, etc.. I have a 3 year old so he helps me to not stagnate. (Which I would do in the past. Just sleep, veg out and watch TV.)

xDreamseller

The only time I'll lie is if it will hurt someone unecessarily. In that case, I either skip an answer or bend the truth, otherwise there should be no reason to lie. I've known people w/no reason to lie and they still did/do. They always get caught up in it and lose all credibility..., at least with me. I give everyone one chance, no matter who. I don't care what others might say about them b/c I have to judge based on what I see. Unless of course I can tell right off the bat they aren't to be trusted. Don't matter much now anyway since I very rarely leave my home and even more rarely meet anyone. I've lived here for over 2 years and have no friends, except my older neighbors who I just help out when things break and mow their lawns for free. Its my good deed and makes me feel I'm giving back, even though I was rarely given anything, but I don't really socialize with ANYONE for more than 5-10 minutes at a pop. I can never wait to get out of talking to people and get back in my comfort zone. Alone.... It sucks, but I can only feel comfortable and semi-stress free when by myself. Gets mighty lonely/boring though and makes me wonder why I even keep going at all.

I dunno, I don't get lonely when I'm on my own. I don't get bored either. Dunno what I would do without the internet though. Probably something constructive, where I would actually learn something.
I've met people too who lie for no reason, to me that's the strangest thing. The only times I ever lied as a kid was to try and either fake sick to not have to go to school, or to try and avoid getting into trouble for something. Rarely did either of those two things go in my favor though :D

Helping your neighbors is nice. I always think to myself that I don't help anyone, but when I'm put in the situations, I'm actually a very considerate/polite person, which I don't like. It's like as soon as I'm put in a social situation, I'm not ME anymore. Either that or I've over thought who I am and I'm actually the polite version of myself, just being alone on the internet for too long has made me think that I'm really that anonymous version of myself.

Isolated_Writer

school work, my art, my writing. I spend a lot of time working on these things instead of being with people and don't really regret it:rolleyes: