What are some fun ideas to conquer social anxiety?

DarkPhoenix

Isn't analysis what generally happens on these forums? a question or rant followed by analytical answers? lol

nightcrawler

I couldn't have done that. I'm surprised he didn't get stopped/chased by store security as he probably looked like a shoplifter ;)

^Nice, I love that guy!. He looked high in that video though... you should never use a crutch to do things like that... they help you do them, but they dont help you with your sa :p

EscapeArtist

Wow I would not be able to do that, especially while talking to a camera. I'm surprised he told the manager that he was filming for social anxiety...

staticreflex

What are some fun ideas to conquer social anxiety? Like mock interviews or 20 questions etc :)

I like the mock interview ideas. I remember I was selling a car recently on craigslist and somebody called me up and haggled the price for 10 minutes but then after we agreed he never showed up to get it. I'm pretty sure he was just practicing his skills, which on reflection was a pretty clever way to do it.

coyote

Check out the following article:

Shyness Be Gone weird science

A hormone called oxytocin, which is produced in the human body, might just be able to help with social phobia....

Researchers led by Markus Heinrichs at the University of Zurich, Switzerland are studying 70 people who have social phobia....

Half an hour before the 70 people received cognitive behavioural therapy, they got misted with a nasal spray that contains oxytocin. Ever heard of it? It’s a cool hormone because it does so many different things-one of the somewhat newer discoveries is that it seems to help reduce social anxiety and nervousness. The people who got a dose of the nasal spray before their therapy treatment appeared to be more open to interacting with other people and more confident to handle the challenges of socializing....

[Oxytocin is] also released in mothers when they breastfeed and it’s thought to enhance the mother’s bonding to her child. It’s not just found in women though-it’s released in both women and men during sexual activity.

So, there's three solid ideas, right there:

1. We can all get nasal sprays.

2. We can all have sex.

3. I can volunteer to let all the women here breastfeed me.

Science is the answer!!

Rofl... why did you delete your original post coyote?

I was willing to get naked on the net... ;) Oh well, another day.

That's interesting coyote, but the thing is:

- I haven't had sex, don't have sex, and I don't think I ever will

- How can they manufacture that hormone? Extracting it from people having sex or from mother's milk?

- If the women here want to breastfeed me, I'm all for it ;)

LazyHermitCrab

i thought it was funny when someone told me the term "break a leg"(good luck) before doing something. then i said "hopefully i will be lucky enough to get punched in the face too" and then named other random screw ups in my head :) maybe it will work for you too....

Last edited: