What am I doing wrong

Confuseddd

Im sure I speak for a lot of us, when I say...

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Why am I like this.. If there is a god then what is the point to this? I could do so much with myself, and I WANT to.. But I can't because no matter what I do, at the end of the day I am no different. Im still socially anxious and even though I might feel better one day.. It feels like The next day I might have to re-learn how to live all over again. Its a constant cycle of ups and downs with my anxiety. I used to be a happy kid, but now im depressed more then a majority of the time. My life has been robbed right out from under me and I try to do something about it. I am not a recluse.. I just can't seem to shake the anxiety.. I don't know what im doing wrong but im going crazy. I CANNOT live like this. Getting drunk is my only escape, thats not something I want for myself.. Im not seeing any options though. Im just so frustrated right now.. Im about to head out and my heart is racing, big surprise.

planemo

You are not doing anything wrong. I too wonder what's the point to existing if you are created with a flaw and then spend the rest of your life trying to fix it, just to be on the same level as everyone else. I have seen many dark days due to my anxiety but what can i do but keep on going? I owe that to myself don't I? I wish I had an answer, but all I can say is keep at it and have hope for better. Don't give up or give in...

coyote

they shoot a horse when it breaks a leg - otherwise the horse would live the rest of its life in unbearable pain

but if we break a leg, we are able to seek medical attention to fix the leg, and then lead a perfectly normal life

the same thing happens when we get sick

depression and anxiety are illnesses that can be treated

much like a broken leg

you don't have to live in unbearable pain your whole life

you are not a horse

(if you are a horse, you can type pretty good)

JamesSmith

Why am I like this.. If there is a god then what is the point to this? I could do so much with myself, and I WANT to.. But I can't because no matter what I do, at the end of the day I am no different. Im still socially anxious and even though I might feel better one day.. It feels like The next day I might have to re-learn how to live all over again. Its a constant cycle of ups and downs with my anxiety. I used to be a happy kid, but now im depressed more then a majority of the time. My life has been robbed right out from under me and I try to do something about it. I am not a recluse.. I just can't seem to shake the anxiety.. I don't know what im doing wrong but im going crazy. I CANNOT live like this. Getting drunk is my only escape, thats not something I want for myself.. Im not seeing any options though. Im just so frustrated right now.. Im about to head out and my heart is racing, big surprise.

Yes, you are different. Heck, shout it if you want to. You need to accept that right now, you are different. It may be possible to change, though. Your main focus should be on doing what you need to do to change, and you may be like everyone else. But never ever feel bad about being different. It's okay to be different. What's not okay is that anxiety and depression is crushing your mind and body.

What I've been doing lately is muscle relaxation exercises while lying down. If you google muscle relaxation there is all kinds of stuff. Maybe you could get some guided relaxation cds. Your problem is that you aren't relaxed. I'd do what I've been doing, and do whatever it takes to achieve the habit of relaxation. Start slow and work your way up. It's tedious, but not as tedious as living the rest of your life in pain from anxiety and depression. It's going to be a long road with an uncertain future for me with this, but it's better than doing what i had been doing about my anxiety: nothing.

Last edited:

twiggle

It's like my mind had written a post and I was reading it back.

I feel exactly the same as you.

I have moments of confidence but now when I have those I know that they won't last long and that I'm going to go back to feeling low.

On many evenings I'll have a beer or a vodka, just one or two, just because it puts me in a happy mood whilst I listen to music and I know that its so wrong to be like that but I just make an excuse for myself to do it.