What About The Bad Vibes?

spendogz

Does anybody else have this problem?

I'm having a really hard time looking people in the eyes. Because I feel like I'm giving off bad vibes when I look at them. I feel massive bad energy or bad vibrations or something. So bad it makes my eyes blurry and I get really anxious. So when people come up to me to talk to me right away I get nervous and this adrenaline surge which ruins the whole conversation. But then I feel stupid looking everywhere else but at them. It gets so bad sometimes it feeds my anxiety. I get inside my head and start hating on myself for being a weirdo.

Is that weird? Can anyone relate?

Last edited:

SPV

You don't necessarily have to look straight at people's eyes whenever they come up and talk to you. I even know a lot of non-social phobic or should I say "normal people" who look down and squint whenever people are talking to them, I don't think it comes off as offensive, but it sort of makes it look as if the listeners are trying to focus on what the speakers are saying. You could probably try that. Or may be try practicing staring people in the eye, it's ok, I've seen a lot of people do that to strangers and the strangers don't seem to bother no matter what kind of look they give to them. The more you practice the more those bad vibes wear off.
So don't stress yourself too much, take it easy. I hope everything goes well for you.

AimeeSP

I can definitly relate. I seem to (well i think i do anyway lol!) be able to pick up bad vibes quite easily and read peoples body language. You're not a weirdo, it's a common sign of social anxiety. Don't worry, many of us are in the same boat. :)

I get bad vibes from people all the time. Its hard to get out in the world if it seems people are closed off/aggressive.

I'm always told "dont worry about it, its their problem if they give you hassle". It still gets to me.

Bullied Anonymous

I definently have that problem. I have this habit of giving the worst first impression ever ,so I hesitate when it comes to looking people in the eyes. Especially if I don't know someone ,because in my mind, I'm thinking "what if they think I'm staring at them because I dislike them or worse, because I'm in love with them or something?" Then, I start acting all weird and people think I'm on crack until I eventually go somewhere else.

ShyCanuck

I think this is pretty normal for social anxiety, I can't look people in the eyes either. I don't even try to look people in the eyes anymore, lol.

spendogz

Thank you everyone for your input. I appreciate hearing what you have to say.

It makes me feel better to know that someone else can relate.

This problem is the reason I found this site in the first place. I'm struggling with it pretty bad. But I feel better talking with everyone about it.

It's helping.

Thanks

Hi Spendogs - I can't look people in the eye either for very long. I've wondered why for years. Maybe at this site I'll find out. I look forward to your future posts.

Predacon

I don't have such a big problem with it now, but sometimes I see someone looking straight at me and I have to surpress the urge to say what are you looking at?

badeyes

Does anybody else have this problem?

Yes, mine matched excatly with you. AND it is NOT some phobia.

I was having a really hard time looking people. Because I felt like I'm giving off bad vibes when I look at them. So bad it makes my eyes blurry and I get really anxious. So when people come up to me to talk to me right away I get nervous and this adrenaline surge which ruins the whole conversation. But then I feel stupid looking everywhere else but at them. It gets so bad sometimes it feeds my anxiety. I get inside my head and start hating on myself for being a weirdo.

Is that weird? Can anyone relate?

Hello,

This problem is NOT related to any phobia or things like that.

I had this problem, where whenever I see someone they used to get discomfort(Even me ). Now the problem is not related to any anxiety or some pychology.

When I used to see someone , I used to get blurred out and had lot of unconfortable feeling.

The problem was due to heavy use to computer. Eye was used to only small distance. But when used at long, even though you can see correctly the objects, but there is a sense of pressure at the forehead and it kind of cause all sorts of mind problem, (upset, confusion, headache, blurring etc etc ).

This problem does not come when you does not concentrate on distance object, but when we see human or things we tend to concentrate on them and hence problem.

So the problem is you need to train you eye muscle.
( Before that, about bad vibs, it is true that the uncomfortable feeling gets spread in the form of bad vibs and I mean it, If you can send peace full vib's using meditative state why not bad vibs when we are in painful condition )

So simple excercise is

Try seeing very distant object for 10 minutes dialy and in about 4 -5 days you will become normal.

Bye for now

I feel like constantly giving off bad eye contact. Looking like a distant person and cold. I feel like this, because of all the vibes I feel. I get very adrenalized and act like I'm an alien. :/ I'm afraid people I'll give a weird impression to really everyone, it's because i'm constantly self aware and it makes me uncomfortable. So I show like it..Yep

Don't know how to describe this. lol