Weird question i know!

recluse

This is aimed at the guys here really; When you are anxious and you begin to feel panicky (in particular around other guys) do you feel physically smaller and weak?

I'm 5 ft 10 and 14 stone(196lb) yet when i feel nervous around other guys i feel to be superior/intimidating(most guys really!) i feel as if my whole body shrinks and i feel i am much smaller than i really am. It kind of feels as if my body squeezes together, my arms become glued to my body....Kind of as if i involuntarily hide. It's just a horrible feeling and i hate it.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to feel physically smaller around anyone considering my height, but inside, I do feel inferior to just about anyone. I'm a dog with my tail between my legs.

market.garden

Yeah I get exactly the same. I'm not exactly tall (5'7) but I always felt like I was out of place, or didn't belong when I was at uni, where every other guy was around 6ft.

powerfulthoughts

Yeah.... i'm 6'2 and 210 lbs, but I feel like those with aggression and command of their nerves are much more "larger" than I am.... because they are.... at least in terms of their personality. People can sense fear... that's a fact. Therefore, when others see your fear, they gain more power and they feel superior over you... even if it's a subconscious thing on their part.

Sometimes for practice at being a more dominant man, I will pick some of the less "strong" personalities on the street, in a car, restaurant, etc... and I will stare them down until they look away first )this has been very hard for me to do though... I have failed many times, lol). This puts me in a more dominant position. I wouldn't do that to someone who is physically much more bigger/stronger though lol Anyways, it has really helped me I think.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I feel the same way, I'm not tall, but I'm a ball of muscle and if you just saw pics of me you'd think I was a tough-guy.

But people size-me-up really quickly out in public. It shows mostly in how they disrespect my personal space.

BlackKids

Hit the gym and learn some self defense. Boost your self confidence, problem Solved :) Given it will take a good few months

I feel the same way..my entire body tenses up and I get stiff, my shoulders tighten and it feels like I get tunnel vision. It's complicated to explain but it's a crappy feeling to say the least.

Kustamogen

Banned
I dont feel weak....but I just feel that they wouldnt be as compassionate if I was somewhere and needed their help to calm down or something.

Yeah whenever I'm with other guys who are confident and loud etc. I feel like they're physically bigger than me for some reason

Probably has to do with an inferiority complex

recluse

Yeah exactly loud guys make me feel inferior, and i can't be loud back so they have the upper hand.

recluse

Yeah.... i'm 6'2 and 210 lbs, but I feel like those with aggression and command of their nerves are much more "larger" than I am.... because they are.... at least in terms of their personality. People can sense fear... that's a fact. Therefore, when others see your fear, they gain more power and they feel superior over you... even if it's a subconscious thing on their part.

Sometimes for practice at being a more dominant man, I will pick some of the less "strong" personalities on the street, in a car, restaurant, etc... and I will stare them down until they look away first )this has been very hard for me to do though... I have failed many times, lol). This puts me in a more dominant position. I wouldn't do that to someone who is physically much more bigger/stronger though lol Anyways, it has really helped me I think.

Being mean to others is not the answer, by picking on these ''weaker'' guys you are being a bully yourself.

mrb

hmm well i sort of know what you mean , i dont feel like there superior/intimidating , just me and sa i guess