We can make bullying illegal

I am a former employee of a chartered bank and I was bullied to the point where I was non-functional and sustained a stress disorder disability. The manager of the branch where I worked engaged in bullying her staff and referred to me as a “loser” and a “nobody” on a daily basis. This bank manager also created a name-badge for me that displayed my name as Victor and my position at the bank being that of a “nobody”. The manager required me to wear this badge in the workplace, daily, until she deemed I was a “somebody”. After raising my concerns to the bank’s human resources department, I was fired from my job without any legal cause or reason. The bank knew I was medically unfit to be at work, however, chose to condone bullying in its workplaces. No other individual should have to experience this treatment. I am going to do my best, and petition the government to make bullying illegal, I created a site Make bullying illegal to combat bullying. Please lend your support, as united we can make a difference!

Attachments

• badge resized.jpg
    badge resized.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That is particularly disgusting behavior, especially from a position that is supposed to prevent those kind of situation from happening. Doesn't this already fall under some kind of harassment law? One would think that in 2011-2012 it would have. :/

It was really tough to go through, but the government and the media here are not interested in holding a bank accountable for such behaviour. I am going to do my best to make sure no one else has to go through this, by lobbying the government to pass anti-bullying legislation.

Is this a joke? You seriously want to make bullying illegal?
Violent behavior is caused by a great deal of emotional suffering in the same measure as other emotional disorders are. Of course, a violent behavior is much, much harder to be around than being around an anxious behavior, but this doesn't mean that violent people don't need help to correct their behavior.

Hahah, This is never going to happen. Parents should educate their children and raise them the correct way in order to prevent bullying. Learn to stand up for yourselves!

emre43

Hahah, This is never going to happen. Parents should educate their children and raise them the correct way in order to prevent bullying. Learn to stand up for yourselves!

This is a social phobia forum. It is not easy for some people on here to stand up for themselves (me included) I was bullied throughout my school life ad was unable to stick up for myself because of my phobia.

I do agree, we have to stand up for ourselves, however, we need to lobby for change when bullying is institutionalized and overlooked by the government. We all have to take a stand at some point.

Last edited:
Yes, bullying that is being used as a management tool by corporations needs to be made illegal. The imbalance of power makes many people vulnerable to abusive managers, who take out there rage in the name of people management.

KiaKaha

Banned

Its not as easy that though. Yes people should stand up for themselves but how are you supposed to do that if you are just a small kid taking on someone twice your size? or a group for that matter?

Thats what bully's do, they attack the weak and the defenseless.

Reading stories that people have killed themselves because they are too terrified to go to school is not right. Its a violation of human rights in my opinion. No one should have to live in fear when they are merely trying to live a dignified life and do the best that they can, which is what everyone deserves.

I dont know if making it illegal is exactly practical, but something more needs to be done, especially to those who dont have a voice or who have been overlooked.

Last edited:

THeCARS1979

I am a former employee of a chartered bank and I was bullied to the point where I was non-functional and sustained a stress disorder disability. The manager of the branch where I worked engaged in bullying her staff and referred to me as a “loser” and a “nobody” on a daily basis. This bank manager also created a name-badge for me that displayed my name as Victor and my position at the bank being that of a “nobody”. The manager required me to wear this badge in the workplace, daily, until she deemed I was a “somebody”. After raising my concerns to the bank’s human resources department, I was fired from my job without any legal cause or reason. The bank knew I was medically unfit to be at work, however, chose to condone bullying in its workplaces. No other individual should have to experience this treatment. I am going to do my best, and petition the government to make bullying illegal, I created a site Make bullying illegal to combat bullying. Please lend your support, as united we can make a difference!
i would have told her no and go f**k off, you can fire me , do what ever you want to do bitch because Im not wearing that cause it's degrading

hoddesdon

This is the sort of situation where a union can help. They have the resources to even out the power imbalance.