Wasted life

adios

Usualy, when something is going wrong, we expect, that it will change later. Looking in the mirror we expect, that once there will be somebody else instead of this present picture. We're waiting for the mirace... But suddenly we can see the train is definitely gone...

When did you find out you wasted your life? At what age?
What did you do with the rest of the life you lost? And why?

bcsr

Well, as long as your alive it's kind of a ridiculous sentiment. But I do agree that a lot of people just continue with their current actions and expect things will "turn-around" later.

I guess the best answer to your question was when I was 20 or 21, that's when I decided I wouldn't live another day like I was living.

coyote

Usualy, when something is going wrong, we expect, that it will change later. Looking in the mirror we expect, that once there will be somebody else instead of this present picture. We're waiting for the mirace... But suddenly we can see the train is definitely gone...

When did you find out you wasted your life? At what age?
What did you do with the rest of the life you lost? And why?

"We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are."

and you can only move forward, not back - there is no reverse gear in life

if you spend all your time looking in the rear view mirror, you won't be able to see where you are going

Kristopher

Well, my problems began very early on. I can recall being about 7-8 and having my cousins birthday partys at my grandmothers and id just want to go upstairs and be alone. as far as realizing my life has been wasted, probably around 20, because i regret all the things that ive missed out on that so many others have experienced. I'm 24 now and things are not getting any better. The isolation continues as well as the missed opportunity's to have good relationship's and growth in my life. So currently up until this point i feel my life has been waisted.

Kiwong

I've spent a lot of my life counting the days until I can be somewhere else other than where I work. I haven't lived well, didn't expect to live past 50, didn't really want to.

I've probably achieved a lot more this last few years, than for the 45 years before it.

Unspoken

You can't wait for something to suddenly "be right." It's never right, just an appreciation or lack thereof of what is and the desire or lack thereof to start doing things.

I don't think it's possible to not pick up anything throughout your life, even if it's just being very good at analyzing problems or telling stories. They might not be the most honed skills or the most exciting stories, but they're yours and they're a start.