Want to say somehting

Hottie

Hi,

Its so fustrating when you want to say something but dont know how to. ...
Im finding it difficult to say some of the things that are in my mind to my new counsellor. I really want to let some stuff out but i cant physically bring up the topics i want to talk about. I am ashamed of some things but would rather not talk about it but i cant avoid them forever.

Im afriad i will go through this whole process, and at the end will still have these difficulties i cant bring myself to talk about.

How can i bring them up? I cant just randomly say it...

Feathers

Can you write it down?

Is it about HOCD or some such 'embarassing' topic? Then you could maybe start with asking if s/he's specialized in or knows anything about HOCD or such things maybe? And if s/he's helped others with that problem?
Then it could maybe be easier to talk about it?
Also, you might look if s/he has any publications on this topic online? Or read about the topic online, to see what other therapists or people going to treatment say?
You could also ask if you can type up some things and send e-mail or bring it to him/her?

Hottie

Yeah HOCD and also another couple of things. One thing i would rather not say on this but there is a few things.

Thats good about asking if they heard anything about HOCD or how its treated.
I can write stuff down but id feel ashamed handing her the note. I might say about the e-mail to her.

I think im going to bring in a letter and at the end if i didnt bring up the courage to give it to her i will ask her if i can e-mail something to her.

Thanks you has a few good tips there...
:)