Want to know the core issue behind social anxiety?

j_brown87

Banned
Hey, iam sure i cracked the code of social anxiety, i have all answers to social anxiety laid out in front of me. Iam doing something to get over social anxiety, its just a matter of time now.

Before i say what it is, i want to know what you all think it is,

what fear is it that drives social anxiety?

why do we have those unreal thoughts that EVERYONE is looking at us, judging us, thinking bad about us?

whats the worst case scenario for a social phobic? Would you agree it is something for example where you are somewhere you did something wrong and EVERYONE noticed it?

or you are in public place and you looked weird and EVERYONE noticed it?

How does that make you FEEL? Does anyone know, asking someone with a strong social anxiety this question he wont know the answer because the mind is blocking it

asking someone without social anxiety this question he will know

I will explain everything if iam right about what i believe

j_brown87

Banned
Shyguy4 said:
Other people made us this way!

It has nothing to do with other people. Its our mind, its our fear that creates this unrealness, this saddness and fear.

i look at a half of my past i worked on, which was before anxiety causing as funny times lol

I dont blame anyone for my social anxiety, my parents maybe, but they just did what they have been thought by their parents, cant really blame them, they didnt know any better.

I blamed my friends who ridiculed me, made fun out of me all the time, man was i wrong, they just ridiculed me because they were nothing better than me, and i thought at the time they are untouchable, perfect human beings that never make mistakes.

but thats not what this is about, i just see it differently now, because the fear is out of those memories, everything is clear to me now

What a difference at how i look at things, at everything since this fear is out of my way and dont look at it through those anxiety glasses.

people who ridicule you, make fun out of you, those are the ones you should be the least scared, they have the same weakness, they are nothing better than you. They just do it to make themselves feel better, bigger

If someone without this fear inside him would go through situations like we social phobics did, he would handle it differently, he wouldnt be in this survival "panic" mode.

getbornagain

We already know the fuckin answer bro. Performance anxiety. Thinking too much about fucking up makes you fuck up. We all have the killer instinct, we just don't use it because we outsmart ourselves.

j_brown87

Banned
getbornagain said:
We already know the fuckin answer bro. Performance anxiety. Thinking too much about fucking up makes you fuck up. We all have the killer instinct, we just don't use it because we outsmart ourselves.

what the hell are you talking about?

Do you know what anxiety is? Anxiety tries to protect you. FRom what? from a painfull feeling that you dont wanna feel at all costs. from danger and so on. Thats the reason iam sure noone on this forum can answer me my question. You dont have access to this painfull feeling that causes your anxiety, because as i said anxiety takes over this feeling, thats the purpose of anxiety, to protect you.

I bet with everyone, that you cant show me a person that gets panic attacks the moment he sees a person with lots of true friends.

You all think iam an idiot but i have it all figured out. The beauty is i dont care about what people think about me anymore. Iam on my way back to life

getbornagain

j_brown87 said:
getbornagain said:

Do you know what anxiety is? Anxiety tries to protect you. FRom what? from a painfull feeling that you dont wanna feel at all costs. from danger and so on. Thats the reason iam sure noone on this forum can answer me my question. You dont have access to this painfull feeling that causes your anxiety, because as i said anxiety takes over this feeling, thats the purpose of anxiety, to protect you.

I bet with everyone, that you cant show me a person that gets panic attacks the moment he sees a person with lots of true friends.

You all think iam an idiot but i have it all figured out. The beauty is i dont care about what people think about me anymore. Iam on my way back to life

No. WTF are YOU talking about? The 'painful feeling' IS the anxiety. Without the anxiety you feel comfortable, relaxed and able to be yourself. Performance anxiety is the fear of being ridiculed, judged, rejected or embarassing oneself. That is the problem. The painful feeling you're talking about is your stupidity within your cranium.

Now enlighten us with the secret answer to overcoming SA which you're yet to utilize yourself....

j_brown87

Banned
Do you feel lonely?

do you feel disconnected with people all the time, like theres a shield betweent them and you?

can you feel lonely in a room of 100 people?

Whats the fear of being alone? A fear of death? why do you think so many here are counting their days like they are on the dieing bed?

iam still a virgin, i havent had sex, no bf, no gf... like they gonna die?

alone = Death

would you want to live if you knew you will always be alone? Would you want that kind of life?

Could that cause anxiety?

Why do people on here always fear they dont fit in and so on? Fear of being alone anyone?

Its even in the fucking slogan of this site.

j_brown87

Banned
getbornagain said:
j_brown87 said:
getbornagain said:

No. WTF are YOU talking about? The 'painful feeling' IS the anxiety. Without the anxiety you feel comfortable, relaxed and able to be yourself. Performance anxiety is the fear of being ridiculed, judged, rejected or embarassing oneself. That is the problem. The painful feeling you're talking about is your stupidity within your cranium.

Now enlighten us with the secret answer to overcoming SA which you're yet to utilize yourself....

you have no idea about anxiety? None at all.

Why do people fear public speaking? Do they feel lonely up there like everyone is against them? Take out the loneliness feeling, this fear,of one who fears public speaking, and he will talk like a pro. like its nothing to him

ridiculing, judging, rejection, laughing making fun of me, it all means to me iam lonely, the person who does that to me doesnt want me.

dzerklis

fear of loneliness huh? as a hardcore SAer that had this illness since birth i can say the best i feel when i'm alone by myself, i feel happy and content. then again that doesnt apply to all SAers of course because not all of us are asocial and have schizoid personalities.

j_brown1

Banned
Example Public speaker. Its something alot of people have issues with and everyone who has social anxiety

He goes on stage, he sees the people looking at him, he feels fear, scared they are all against him, he is so negative. Anxiety comes in trying to protect him, telling him to get out of there, if he tries to open his mouth a strange voice will come out. Anxiety is doing everything to make him get out of there.

Why the anxiety? And the fear when he sees all the people looking at him?

If he wouldnt care if they liked his public speech or not would he have anxiety? Of course not. When does he not care about this? when he doesnt fear being alone

What was he thinking up there before anxiety kicked in? Not conciously, subconscioulsy because the mind blocked him,he thought If i mess it up everyone will see, so many people there, I will feel so alone around them.

Boom,

Alone - Death

You see you all fear being alone if it goes horrible, take out this fear, and you will talk like a pro, just dont give a fuck if anyone judges you, nothing, you wont feel lonely,if anyone laughs at you, nothing you dont care about them, your not in this survival state

j_brown1

Banned
dzerklis said:
fear of loneliness huh? as a hardcore SAer that had this illness since birth i can say the best i feel when i'm alone by myself, i feel happy and content. then again that doesnt apply to all SAers of course because not all of us are asocial and have schizoid personalities.

Ever heard about the saying what you most scared of happening will happen? Or people who are scared of driving and crashing are most likely to crash because they are so in their head, i will do this wrong, i will do that wrong and boom

j_brown1

Banned
I bet with everyone here.

Everyone who has a mild social anxiety has at least some friends

Everyone who has a strong social anxiety has no friends, and panic attacks as soon as he thinks someone will talk to him.

Its like physics

j_brown1

Banned
i once didnt go for 2 months to school.

i had to go to a new school when i was 15. Everytime i got close to the school i felt fear and without even thinking why i dont want to go to school i was turning around and going the other way far away.sitting alone in a forest for 2 months lol my mind was blocking me and telling me turn around and not even let me think why

Loneliness!

I rather walked alone for 2 months then go to school.

Because you can feel far more lonely around 100 kids like you, than being alone somewhere?

I didnt know anyone at school, no friends nothing. I was scared going there because i would feel sooooo lonely and be scared that noone will ever want to be friends with me.

where would you feel more lonely?

alone in the forest?

or around 100 kids who dont wanna know you? I guess the loneliness feeling would be stronger in school, agree :wink:

you have to know how anxiety works

till some months ago i still didnt know what was going on with me, why i didnt go to school, my mind was blocking it out, just giving me anxety feelings about it and nothing else

Anxiety is a paradox

At the beginning of humankind, noone could survivr alone, that part is still in us today. thats why people back than went in groups, being alone meant you will die

j_brown1

Banned
Now to the point what iam using to heal myself EFT baby!

I try to remember a memory, which was the most traumatic, when i just think about it, my head is in heavy headaches, pressure, pressuring sensations,

what do i do?

I dont tap around feelings of anxiety like most people do and say EFT doesnt work.

Remember i said anxiety takes the form of another feeling that you dont want to feel, that is life threatening to you = loneliness

so i tap on how lonely i felt in this traumatic memory. how scared i was everyone is against me, noone likes me, and boom, anxiety gone,

or memories where i didnt say a thing because i was to scared, i tap on how scared i was i will be lonely if i say something stupid.

lets face it why are social phobics quiet? they fear speaking up, because they fear it will sound stupid, everyone will be against them noone will like them, boom anxiety because they fear being alone

you cant eliminate anxiety, but you can eliminate the feeling behind anxiety = loneliness, thats why the anxiety is there in the first place, and you are free of anxiety than, your subconscious will belive its safe again you want die (end up alone) and you will be free of fears.

Ya dont even know what a cognitive change it does to you once you clear a memory where you had such an anxiety and then after you do eft THE RIGHT WAY you look at the memory totalyy different. I have so much to talk about that, i could go on and on, my family thinks iam taking drugs because i became so assertive and just dont care anymore,

THATS THE TRUTH people. SOCIAL ANXIETY dismantled.

You know when my social anxiety got the worst? WHen i went to live oversees in a totally different country, and felt so lonely in this big city with noone and felt like i cant connect with people. I will be always alone, but never ever did i think this at the time, i was just in this fear that i will die, iam in danger but didnt know why

Its all clear to me now

why do social phobics think EVERYONE is looking at them, judging them, just negative stuff, because their minds are in fear, what does a fearful mind do, it questions everything and things of the worst, am i doing this right, am i moving my hand right when iam walking and crazy stuff like this why are they beliveing EVERYONE is judgubg them? because thats the worst case scenario for a social phobic that everyone is against them, they will die than because they are alone

I could write a book about social anxiety

no therapist who does cognitive therapy knwos this

j_brown1

Banned
I would suggest to all you

stop doing operations and taking out something thats there to protect you

stop taking medications

and find yourself and EFT practioner and tap together on the most traumatic memories, around how lonely you felt.

theres no social anxiety sufferer to whom "being alone" never was an issue, period

loneliness has so many different forms, like your mother leaving at home alone when you were young, as a young kid thats very frightening, and easily the cause for your social anxiety today

your mother abusing you leaving you feeling alone, you have noone who loves you

i could go on and on.

Beside public speaking, the other more common social problem is for example guys picking up girls.

now thats easy. If noone agrees that the reason for this is rejection and fearing you will always get rejected by girls and end up alone than you need some serious help

thats how it works people, Social anxiety

j_brown1

Banned
see you all when iam over my social anxiety, and post a youtube video with a 100 people around me :lol:

get your heads out of thinking about anxiety. Anxiety is just here to protect you, it has nothing to do with anxiety, stop saying anxiety is the issue, if we all know its not true. something behind this anxiety is the cause

Its not about shyness, i always knew it must be more than shyness, it must be life threatening otherwise i wouldnt feel anxiety, and here you go being alone is life threatening

StonedBob

Your point of view is quite interesting, and that's true that beeing in a group of people I don't know makes me feel lonely. But where I think you're wrong is that I think everyone have this feeling of loneliness in this situation, and that's why everyone want to socialize with the other (at least the majority :roll: ). The main difference is (like getbornagain said) is that we, SA people have this performance anxiety (which is just a sign of a low self-confidence) : we're affraid of saying something wrong, weird, of acting strangely, and because of that, we're affraid of being rejected, that people will tease us. People without SA might have this performance anxiety, but in a less important way than we do. There are also situations where the fear of lonelyness has nothing to do with SA : sometimes I'm walking in the street and some people are staring at me, even smiling. This makes me feel very bad, vey anxious, not because I'm affraid of beeing alone, but because I'm affraid that I may be acting strangely. An other exemple? I consider that I have a mild social anxiety, except in some situations where my anxiety is very strong. So I can compare situations where I feel safe (e.g. with my few friends) and situations where I feel pretty anxious (e.g. with women). With my friends, I feel OK because I know I can say something wrong or uninteresting or even stay quiet, they won't judge me for that. With women, I have the feeling that they are expecting me to be perfect, funny, etc... So in this situation, I want to be perfect, always saying something funny, always being interesting, etc... So I prefer avoid most women because I can't be perfect, that's impossible.

That's my opinion, I might be wrong.

Anyway, if your method worked for you, well good for you, at least you're not suffering of SA anymore :wink: . Personnaly, I try to convince myself that I have the wright to be wrong, to make mistakes, to not be perfect and that people aren't expecting me to be perfect.

j_brown2

Banned
Your post made me smile, you just proved iam right. Let me explain

But where I think you're wrong is that I think everyone have this feeling of loneliness in this situation, and that's why everyone want to socialize with the other (at least the majority ).

Loneliness is a normal feeling, everyone feels it, but the difference is to us social phobics its life threatening, if someone rejects us we are so scared it will always happen, we will end up alone.

Normal people go and socialize to not feel alone, people like us are in survival mode and are afraid to try, if we get rejected you know you will not take it lightly but like its the end of the world. SIMPLE as that

It literally is the end of the world for us, loneliness is death threatening,

If someone put you on an island and wanted to leave you there for 5 years without telling you when or if he comes back. you will come back anxious and scared it will happen again to you, because you felt like you will die at the island.

THis loneliness was death threatening to you, so whenever you will back at normal life feel lonely you will automatically be in panic mode you gonna die

Understand? back at normal life, you would have nightmares, whenever you would feel loneliness your mind would go in panic mode and associate it with death. You would fear noone is coming for you. you will die,

Thats Social anxiety for us

why are people in solitary prisons scared to death, they shut at each other a 1000 times a day, and asking the same question "what are you doing" from keeping themselves of losing it in this loneliness

The main difference is (like getbornagain said) is that we, SA people have this performance anxiety (which is just a sign of a low self-confidence) : we're affraid of saying something wrong, weird, of acting strangely, and because of that, we're affraid of being rejected, that people will tease us

Why are you scared of saying something wrong, weird, acting strange? You answered it yourself you fear being rejected lol, what does rejection mean to you = loneliness, I took the fear of being alone in a group of people if i say something stupid, weird out.... and you know what happened? I will say everything thats on my mind, i cant say anything stupid, whatever i say, i will say it, what wil happen, nothing? and if someone doesnt like it, who cares, its not the end of the world, i will not end up alone and die.

What you are doing is what a fearful mind does, question eveerything. you fear you will say this stupid, you will be weird blah blah.... low self confidence is fearfulness simple as that

Why do you think some people have low confidence some dont, FEAR. show me a confident person who is fearful. Who is scared of rejection
Doesnt exist. Its like physics again. Like social anxiety goes with loneliness hand in hand so does confidence with fealesness. And iam not talking about people who pretend they are confident, People who pretend they are confident can only fool a fearfull person. Simple as that or as you call it low self esteem

You talk about performance anxity like you were born with it, theres something behind it man, that keeps you scared of messing up, Very simple, you fear the consiquence, take out the fear, the consequence you fear and you wont have performance anxiety

There are also situations where the fear of lonelyness has nothing to do with SA : sometimes I'm walking in the street and some people are staring at me, even smiling. This makes me feel very bad, vey anxious, not because I'm affraid of beeing alone, but because I'm affraid that I may be acting strangely

Oh boy, some more teaching lol, It has everything to do with loneliness.You see a normal person would never think that what you think. NEVER. Even if they did smile at him, or stare at him, he would say you wanna take a picture? Simple as that, What has he to fear? nothing

You on the other hand are in panic mode, because it seems threatening to you that someone stared at you, because you feared he didnt like you, or you looked weird or acted weird .... which all ends up to being scared your weird strange and just will not be accepted and lonely.

Its so easy

I consider that I have a mild social anxiety, except in some situations where my anxiety is very strong. So I can compare situations where I feel safe (e.g. with my few friends) and situations where I feel pretty anxious (e.g. with women). With my friends, I feel OK because I know I can say something wrong or uninteresting or even stay quiet, they won't judge me for that.

That you feel safe around your friends doesnt suprise me at all, because you dont feel alone there, your safe

You say you can be quiet, and say something stupid because they wont judge you? You see you know you will still be accepted no matter what. Your safe, you want be alone

if they would start making fun of you every day that would change quick, you would start getting scared of saying something wrong more and more, or doing things wrong so they have more reasons to dislike you ridicule you and then just leave you alone

With women, I have the feeling that they are expecting me to be perfect, funny, etc... So in this situation, I want to be perfect, always saying something funny, always being interesting, etc... So I prefer avoid most women because I can't be perfect, that's impossible

That has everything to do with fear, simple as that. You fear doing things wrong, woman not liking you and boom your rejected and alone.

Now if you wouldnt have this fear og being alone, you would do whatever you would want to with this woman, not care at all, if she likes you good, if not you would tell her fuck you and move on to the next one like every normal human being does.

Its so simple man

And i will be fearless with EFT. FEAR is a sickness, you are so unsure of everything, you question everything, your scared of doing it wrong,

With those worrying thoughts in your head you possible cant do things right, right? with going a 1000 times over is this right to say or will this sound stupid, you just cant be successfull like this, the successfull people are fearless