Vitamin B12

Noca

Banned
My next trial is to take 100mcg of Vitamin B12 supplements everyday to see it it improves my depression/anxiety. I'll give it 200 pills (1 a day) trial to see if anything happens.

Anyone else trying supplements in addition to their meds?

Remus

Staff member
I eat marmite everyday which is packed full of B vitamins, just for general health really, I gather you pee out most of it though and only a small amount is absorbed

Noca

Banned
The body cannot store any vitamins as far as I know. You need to replenish vitamins daily.

I eat marmite everyday which is packed full of B vitamins, just for general health really, I gather you pee out most of it though and only a small amount is absorbed

Remus :eek: i have never met anyone who likes marmite before!!! crazy stuff there, if i even went to put marmite in my mouth i'd be physically sick eww.

Yep, I've taken B vitamin supplements and found them really really good for my depression aswell. I know you pee out most of them, but my way of thinking is that if I'm peeing out most of them, well then I must have saturated my vitamin B stores for the day so I'm getting as much as I possibly can. Anyways! I'd definitely recommend B vitamins for depression :)

Remus

Staff member
The body cannot store any vitamins as far as I know. You need to replenish vitamins daily.

Yeah I take it for my vertigo, it's supposed to help, I meant that if you have anything like a dodgy liver or pancreas etc, it does not get absorbed to well into your system.

music10

I take 1200mcg. of B12 twice a day. Its helpful for me because it has given me back some energy. I used to be B12 deficient.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Remus :eek: i have never met anyone who likes marmite before!!! crazy stuff there, if i even went to put marmite in my mouth i'd be physically sick eww.

I love Marmite. Closest I can get here is Bovril, and only if I go to the expensive grocery store downtown in the nearest city. I love it on toast. Mmmmmm.

Noca

Banned
B12 100mcg after 3 months has done nothing at all good. It may have worsened my insomnia as I took it at night when it should be taken in the morning. I just don't have much faith in supplements.

Noca

Banned
scratch that then!
Supplements are almost never the answer..they cause other deficiencies, yes. gr

Too much or too little of ANY vitamin or mineral can cause health problems.

I tried taking iron supplements once, and GOD they are one of the worst medications ive ever taken. They make you so sick! They should be scheduled and not OTC, or at least prescription.