vats sympathectomy

infamous

Hi, I've had vats r3/r4 sympathectomy performed on me a few days ago. My hands were dried for the first 1-2 days and then it started to sweat again although not as bad as before. It's been 2-3 days now and for those of you that had surgery, I'm wondering if this is normal and if so, for how long? Thanks

tianh

I believe it is called phantom sweating and should disappear in the next few days/week. Any side effects? I am about to get the same surgery, shoot me a PM.

infamous

okay thanks.

tianh, my back, legs, butt, and stomach do sweat a little when im hot (this was when i was sitting down). ill see how it is in other situations in the future. good luck with the surgery.

tianh

did your butt sweat before the surgery? Damn that sounds pretty intense for just sitting down. was it really hot?

infamous

nope or well im not sure now that i think about it lol. it was only a little though. yeah, i do feel pretty hot but i dont know, it could be different for you

Last edited:

Sprawling

If you sweat in places other than your hands, surgery will most likely increase sweating everywhere else. Sometimes it happens instantly, other times within a few years. I chose NOT to have ETS because my body sweats everywhere when it warm outside. Then again, I remember being a teen and riding my bike to school in the dead of winter and sweating everywhere once I stopped.

It's not to late to change your mind?

infamous

Yeah, before surgery, I usually just sweated on my hands and feet and the doctor told me it wouldnt be recommended if you sweat in like more than 3 areas.

SweatSweatGoAway

I got a lot of butt sweat after the surgery too. I try and stick with mesh shorts, and not wear jean shorts. Getting up out of a seat used to bother me (embarrassment), but it's been over 1.5 yrs now and I've gotten used to it.

Sprawling

I know about butt sweat. It's awful during the warmer months. I just where my dark blue bathing trunks everywhere. drys the sweat faster. I've never had the surgery.

karl:-/

I've had ETS ops done t3 t4 nd just waking up starts me sweating so please forgive my ignorance. I feel sorry for all you guys who live in hot climates but I live in the UK its rains mist days nd temperatures are mild. I sweat like Michael Jackson in a crech. Or garry glitter in bangcock. All I feel now is empty nd want to cause these so called medical professionals as much pain as possible. So what was just a sweating problem has turn into a mental condition too. I only hope my Nxt medical they listen close or I'm gona do some serious damage, I'm a fitness instructor nd boxing tutor but I find no! Enjoyment in my job now instead I want to use my attributes to destroy those who have made me this way. Nd the general public who find it funny to take the piss.. I sweat from chest nd back inner groin/butt pubic line,feet nd now the face nd neck when I eat certain foods, I only used to sweat from hands nd armpit before my ops. I blame my current mental state on doctor's ignorance nd public response toward us who have HH. I feel like a monster yet I know my thoughts are wrong,, why should I feel prison is an option??