Valentines Day

nimrodel

SocialRetahd said:
coriander1992 said:
erm..I don't think that is particularly fair or neccesary!
its hard for both men and women for differen't reasons, don't be so ignorant!

Any average or above average looking female can find a guy in minutes, just by going to the grocery store lets say. Way to spell "different" by the way.

Woah. Wouldn't life be wonderful then.

SocialRetahd

If you meet my qualifications and you are not sheltered then please think of all the times last year you rejected a guy who approached you because he didn't live up to your ideal. Once you've done that, you can proceed feeling sorry for yourself.

nimrodel

I don't think so.

People have a general idea of whether they're good looking or not but it doesn't mean they're right about it. Especially for social-phobics, they underestimate themselves and are so self-judgemental that it's extremely difficult to know this.

coriander1992

SocialRetahd said:
nimrodel said:
Who decides if someone meets this standard of being "average" looking?

Most people know whether they are average or above average looking.

This has been proved wrong by the "post your picture" thread.
There are loadsa people on there which think they are really ugly, when other people find them rather attractive, and as nimrodel said, social phobic people have a bad self-image.

eggbe4thechicken

Can i just say that i'm 18 and female, and i have never been asked out, and if anyone asked me out, i would probably say yes, 'perfect man' or not. i don't have high expectations. i definetely don't choose to be alone, i happen to be unattractive, and no one likes me, i would love to have a boyfriend.
Thanks,
Egg

nimrodel

I seriously doubt you're unattractive. Actually, it's weird but I have never met anyone whom I considered to be 'unattractive'. I'm sure it's just your low self-confidence making you think you're not good looking enough. Besides, it all depends on who you're comparing yourself to. It is very difficult for me not to be affected by models in magazines and advertisements. As well, it seems like everyone my own age (I'm 19) wears tons of makeup when they go out so I often feel so.. undeveloped and ugly compared to them. But seriously, don't ever label yourself as unattractive.

SocialRetahd

If I went up to an ugly girl and just said "You wanna go out with me or what?", would that work because they are never asked?

coriander1992

SocialRetahd said:
If I went up to an ugly girl and just said "You wanna go out with me or what?", would that work because they are never asked?

I would say "errr...no" somebody saying that would give me the impression that they are arrogant and full of themselves, so I would say no don't do it :lol: :wink:

Thelema

SocialRetahd said:

No and because of the wording of your question I assume you're a real asshole....If you want to go out with a girl you don't know you invite them somewhere thats not threatening...Like don't invite them out to dinner but say that you and a few friends are going bowling and it would be cool if she came along too...or something like that. That way you are already going and since its with other people it won't scare her thinking some guy she never met just asked her out on a date.

If you really think of girls as ugly then you are really stupid.

SocialRetahd

The kid I talk to at school claims I just need to tell a girl, "lets go get something to eat", and they will most likely say yes. Yet, I figure I would have to approach a girl who doesn't get approached often, an "ugly girl". There is such thing as an unattractive girl, just like there are ugly dogs, furniture, houses, and everything else.

coriander1992

SocialRetahd said:
The kid I talk to at school claims I just need to tell a girl, "lets go get something to eat", and they will most likely say yes. Yet, I figure I would have to approach a girl who doesn't get approached often, an "ugly girl". There is such thing as an unattractive girl, just like there are ugly dogs, furniture, houses, and everything else.

well if you go upto a girl who you think is ugly, and ask her just because she is ugly and you think she will auto say yes, then you don't deserve to go out with that girl in my opinion. why should she go out with you if you think she is ugly and are only asking her as a last resort?!?!? she is worth more than that, ugly or not !!

Tryin

Horatio said:
I'm fucking sick of it all, I'm sick of people, sick of this stupid condition, sick of the memories that haunt me from school, sick of stupid fucking holidays that exclude me, sick of wankers on forums who get pleasure out of ridiculing others, sick of the fact I have to rely on the internet to communicate, sick of people looking down at me, sick of those arrogant fuckers on the street that think its their right to abuse me whenever they like, sick of being alone, sick of being unwanted, Im fucking sick of it all and don't know how I will ever make it all go away

if this is all life has to offer then fuck it. it aint worth it

Oh, stop being negative, Horatio. I love you all, people.

:wink:

Alekos

Thelema said:
SocialRetahd said:

No and because of the wording of your question I assume you're a real asshole....If you want to go out with a girl you don't know you invite them somewhere thats not threatening...Like don't invite them out to dinner but say that you and a few friends are going bowling and it would be cool if she came along too...or something like that. That way you are already going and since its with other people it won't scare her thinking some guy she never met just asked her out on a date.

If you really think of girls as ugly then you are really stupid.

Greetings ! This is my first post here.

-If you have social phobia you may not have friends.Or you may have very few and they might not be available to attend the meeting.
-If other people come you might find it harder to behave "properly" because of the SP.
-If some outgoing and loud guy comes he might impress the girl more than you , the sociophobic can.

coriander1992

Edith said:
SocialRetahd said:

That's one of the most disgusting fucking things I've ever heard. Ask someone out because you want to go out with them, not because you assume that their "ugliness" leaves them with no other option.

Even ugly girls have standards.

well said !! :lol:

:wink: