Valentines Day

Horatio

0 - the number of Valentines day cards I've ever found in my letterbox

6 - days till another Valentines day alone

15 - the number of girls I've asked out on a date

15 - the number of girls who said no

23 - the number of Valentines Day's I've spent alone

365 - the number of days I spent last year wondering what the hell is so wrong with me

8507 - the number of days I've gone without having a girlfriend

204 168 - the number of hours I've gone without a sweetheart

12 250 080 - the number of minutes I've been unwanted

1 - the number of fingers I'm giving the world from now on

I'm fucking sick of it all, I'm sick of people, sick of this stupid condition, sick of the memories that haunt me from school, sick of stupid fucking holidays that exclude me, sick of wankers on forums who get pleasure out of ridiculing others, sick of the fact I have to rely on the internet to communicate, sick of people looking down at me, sick of those arrogant fuckers on the street that think its their right to abuse me whenever they like, sick of being alone, sick of being unwanted, Im fucking sick of it all and don't know how I will ever make it all go away

if this is all life has to offer then fuck it. it aint worth it

sickofbeinglonely

Sorry to read how fucked off you are with the world, Horatio. Don't know what to say really that can help but I've been there many times at this time of year. I used to fucking loathe all the bullshit that goes along with Valentines Day and find that the whole "celebration" of it only contributed more to my misery.

Now I seem to be able to ignore it more easily but maybe that's because I spend most of my time indoors. Or maybe because I've become apathetic? I don't know but I know if I was to look back on the sort of stuff I used to write (when I wrote my feelings down or converted them into poetry) I'd remember how angry and left out I used to feel on 14th Feb.

Not the best day of the year for Social Phobics and that's putting it mildly.

bimbo45

Horatio said:

365 - the number of days I spent last year wondering what the hell is so wrong with me

I'm fucking sick of it all, I'm sick of people, sick of this stupid condition, sick of the memories that haunt me from school, sick of stupid fucking holidays that exclude me, sick of wankers on forums who get pleasure out of ridiculing others, sick of the fact I have to rely on the internet to communicate, sick of people looking down at me, sick of those arrogant fuckers on the street that think its their right to abuse me whenever they like, sick of being alone, sick of being unwanted, Im fucking sick of it all and don't know how I will ever make it all go away

MarCPatt

This makes me feel bad, for the few guys I said no to. :oops: But I did say yes to one, my hubby. My hubby was and is a little nerd, but I love him the way he is. He was also rejected by all the other women he asked. Guess it was a blessing for me, they left him all for me to enjoy. :wink:

3.gif

Disconnected

Yeah..thats about the same line of thinking thats going through my head. Although to be true I really don't give a fuck about Valentines Day, I don't feel any more or less alone being that I'm not actually around people who are together, in love, etc. Really my frustration is directed toward the man on the street. It's more of an envy of people who have some sort of normal perception of the world. I don't only deal with SP, I also have generalized anxiety, obsessive thinking, depression, and dissociation. Never had a girlfriend, never been kissed, never had any real close friends. Yeah it all seems pointless. Try to relax. Watch a movie, read a book, try not to do anything too drastic. The anger will pass and maybe you can move forward when your head clears a bit.

Gloomy

I've got a date for Valentine's Day. 8)
Unfortunately its with my therapist. :(

tewstroke

cheer up guy it'll pass it's just one day, i know how you feel, i hate watching all the couples, they seem so happy and in love but not me :cry:

renegade

Horatio said:

hey horatio, liked the number 1 description :D

BTW, 2007 is comming, and there is less than a month till valentine's day

i'm thinking of using this day as a reason to date a single girl cause she will be more likely to say yes for the simple reason of not wanting to be alone on the 14 of february...yes i am mean :twisted:

but she will not regret it in the end

jennn

I've never been with anyone on valentine's day either - by now i've learned to just ignore it, it's just another day of the year.

SocialRetahd

renegade said:

i'm thinking of using this day as a reason to date a single girl cause she will be more likely to say yes for the simple reason of not wanting to be alone on the 14 of february...yes i am mean :twisted:

renegade, is your problem that girls reject you or you have a fear of rejection? Cause thats an entirely different issue.

Thelema

I have nobody as usual...all I want is a kiss on the cheek...all the girls I know have boyfriends....ba...I should just sweep a girl off her feet and kiss her...wait...on second thought I don't want to get slapped :lol:

Horatio

renegade said:

lmao thanks for dredging this thread back up from the depths, it gave me a right royal chuckle!

looking back to see what I wrote a year ago is a great way to see how far I've come since then. In fact it is scarcely believable to see me as the same person back then.

the seeds I sowed back then to turn my back on society have proven over the last 4 months to be infinetly worthwhile

justsomekid

unless there is a good reason ot do otherwise ill just become "sick" for the 3 schooldays around valentines day, just to not have to deal with it.

renegade

SocialRetahd said:
renegade, is your problem that girls reject you or you have a fear of rejection? Cause thats an entirely different issue.

mosty the second one, i have avp, so i don't initiate to much regarding girls. Lately, i do, so I guess the first one is starting to become a reality :roll:

Horatio said:
lmao thanks for dredging this thread back up from the depths, it gave me a right royal chuckle!

didn't meant to do that, just posting on this topic instead of starting a new one

lily

I know how it feels Horatio, it would be nice to have a companion but only b/c of our conditions, although luckily Valentine's day isn't only for couples and also for friends and others you really care about.

worrydoll said:
*coughs* i'm pretty sure i sent you a valentine's day card last year horatio. :x

lol haha

Horatio

jinxed said:
I know how it feels Horatio, it would be nice to have a companion but only b/c of our conditions, although luckily Valentine's day isn't only for couples and also for friends and others you really care about.

funnily enough... I wrote the first post of this thread a year ago and things have changed somewhat

since my 'fuck society' campaign things have improved dramatically. So much so that as from this past week I now actually have a girlfriend, my first in over six years! something that I was always convinced would never happen

I dont want to skite about it cause I know how it feels to be alone for years on end, but I do want to let you all know that if a guy that looks like me can get a girl then pretty much anyone can!

this time last year I could barely look at chicks because of my SP, let alone actually talk to them. But social anxiety can definetly be beaten. I still have a lot of work to do to get where I want to be but I think I'm through the worst of it now.

thinker

Good to hear man. Im happy for you.

But this Valentine`s day bubble is way too inflated, for commercial purposes. Apparently they need as much "must celebrate" occasions as possible to increase the consumerism and the society is often a victim of this mindlesness.

Thelema

thinker said:
Good to hear man. Im happy for you.

But this Valentine`s day bubble is way too inflated, for commercial purposes. Apparently they need as much "must celebrate" occasions as possible to increase the consumerism and the society is often a victim of this mindlesness.

Stop thinking like that. Just admit your mad because you don't have a valentine and stop blaming others for being stupid.