Valentines Day

nimrodel

Thelema said:
thinker said:
Good to hear man. Im happy for you.

But this Valentine`s day bubble is way too inflated, for commercial purposes. Apparently they need as much "must celebrate" occasions as possible to increase the consumerism and the society is often a victim of this mindlesness.

Stop thinking like that. Just admit your mad because you don't have a valentine and stop blaming others for being stupid.

He really does have a point. Although I don't think Valentines Day is as big an issue as Christmas now is. Personally, I think Valentines Day should be everyday - when you just step back and appreciate those around you. But it's definitely a problem in society because people feel pressured into buying their loved ones expensive gifts and all the crap that comes with it. It's not stupid to go along with that, as long as you're not doing it because society expects it.

Thelema

thinker said:
Sorry, im not mad at anyone and not blaming anyone, and u dont know if i have a valentine or no.

You just said that people celebrate too much...I may be wrong but this strikes me as something that could only come from someone without a valentine. I'm going to be alone too but that doesn't mean I have to bash other people for just wanting to have a good time. Besides nobody said you have to buy anything. Sneak in to someones yard and snip a rose or two and if you want to smell nice find a pine tree and take some twigs off and rub them under your arm pits and well there ya go! :lol:

nimrodel said:
Thelema said:
thinker said:
Good to hear man. Im happy for you.

But this Valentine`s day bubble is way too inflated, for commercial purposes. Apparently they need as much "must celebrate" occasions as possible to increase the consumerism and the society is often a victim of this mindlesness.

Stop thinking like that. Just admit your mad because you don't have a valentine and stop blaming others for being stupid.

He really does have a point. Although I don't think Valentines Day is as big an issue as Christmas now is. Personally, I think Valentines Day should be everyday - when you just step back and appreciate those around you. But it's definitely a problem in society because people feel pressured into buying their loved ones expensive gifts and all the crap that comes with it. It's not stupid to go along with that, as long as you're not doing it because society expects it.

It would be great if people celebrated every night. A big feast where everyone drinks wine and laughs and has a good time and forgets about the minor woes we all have and just have a good time. We should all dress up in our finest clothes and wear our best jewelry and laugh the night away every night...Alright back to reality :lol:

coriander1992

8O valentines day 8O
They do this thing in my school where people can give out roses anonimously, and someones comes in to hand them out, and I have never had one :( and all the "popular" (I don't know why though..) girls like to come up to the "undesireables" like me and ask us how many roses we got :evil: erm... :roll:
Don't worry, I hate valentines day too :twisted:

Thelema

coriander1992 said:
8O valentines day 8O
They do this thing in my school where people can give out roses anonimously, and someones comes in to hand them out, and I have never had one :( and all the "popular" (I don't know why though..) girls like to come up to the "undesireables" like me and ask us how many roses we got :evil: erm... :roll:

Here are 12 roses. One for every day until valentines day :) hopefully you'll get some real ones this year
red-roses-m.JPG

coriander1992

Thelema said:
coriander1992 said:
8O valentines day 8O

Here are 12 roses. One for every day until valentines day :)
red-roses-m.JPG

*beams* :D thankyou soo much !! :D that really made me smile, thanks !! :D
Thoose are better than real ones ! :D

lily

Horatio said:
funnily enough... I wrote the first post of this thread a year ago and things have changed somewhat

since my 'fuck society' campaign things have improved dramatically. So much so that as from this past week I now actually have a girlfriend, my first in over six years! something that I was always convinced would never happen

I dont want to skite about it cause I know how it feels to be alone for years on end, but I do want to let you all know that if a guy that looks like me can get a girl then pretty much anyone can!

this time last year I could barely look at chicks because of my SP, let alone actually talk to them. But social anxiety can definetly be beaten. I still have a lot of work to do to get where I want to be but I think I'm through the worst of it now.

Congratulations horatio!- it's nice to hear the positive light of the changes that can happen.

LibertadIlusoria

coriander1992 said:
8O valentines day 8O
It could be worse. Someone could have given you one as a joke, in an effort to give you false hopes until you actually look at the attached card. But because you aren't completely stupid, you knew exactly what was going on before even looking at the attached card. (and because you know how assholes think, you dread going to lunch - where they hand out the flowers - that day, because you somehow already know what is going to happen)
*must resist urge to kill*

thinker

Do they really do that? I mean the girls send a flower as a joke to give "false hopes"...? thats awful ..and silly.

coriander1992

LibertadIlusoria said:
coriander1992 said:
8O valentines day 8O
It could be worse. Someone could have given you one as a joke, in an effort to give you false hopes until you actually look at the attached card. But because you aren't completely stupid, you knew exactly what was going on before even looking at the attached card. (and because you know how assholes think, you dread going to lunch - where they hand out the flowers - that day, because you somehow already know what is going to happen)
*must resist urge to kill*

:( how can people be so horrible :evil: :evil:

samana

valentines day is by far the most shallow and worst holiday ever invented (or what its become now atleast). I can remember even when I was in first grade, I HATED it. I felt stupid giving cards to everyone in my class when we all exchanged cards, it just didn't make sense to me, and this holiday never will. It's a great opportunity for rose and chocolate companies to capitalize haha, and in reality, those are probably the happiest people on that day I bet. This holiday brings so much heartache and stupidity to the world. I hate a forced 'i love you', an obligated gift...its all complete nonsense. Sure you can make it work for you if you really do love someone, but still its a feeling of obligation to 'make sure' you make that apparent on that day. My boyfriend and I refuse to celebrate it, due to never understanding or caring for it at all. Just hang in there Horatio, those hitch hikers up there on the social phobia banner look kinda silly to me, but its a good reminder that you will find people who agree with you, and love and hate the same things, and life is worth living knowing that the world isn't completely fake or screwed quite yet haha, it just appears to be cuz those are the people that are the loudest, thus why we all happen to be on the social phobia board... its harder to find reality than it is to find that which is fake.

BrokenSmile

I hate valentine's day. Anyway there is no love or if this stupid feeling exist somehow it dissapear after a while. And anyway i will be lonely and sad on valentines day and i will buy for myself chocholate and hearts-baloons and i'm gonna watch a silly romantic-comedy ...

Thelema

BrokenSmile said:
I hate valentine's day. Anyway there is no love or if this stupid feeling exist somehow it dissapear after a while. And anyway i will be lonely and sad on valentines day and i will buy for myself chocholate and hearts-baloons and i'm gonna watch a silly romantic-comedy ...

Please don't be sad and you're far from alone. We're all alone..together. Buying chocolates and baloons for yourself is very funny :lol:

Horatio

well here it is... happy valentines day

this is my first one ever that I've had a girlfriend to spend with. we aren't doing anything big, just spending some quiet time with each other. I still don't believe in valentines day anyways... but at least hallmark won't be getting a dime out of me. Ive just finished hand writing a letter to her in french on parchment paper and sealed it with wax.

don't let the day get the better of you. I know that probably sounds pretty pathetic coming from me, being that ironically it was me that started this thread a year ago bitching about how left out I felt.

if the day makes you frustrated then channel that frustration towards finding a way out of the hole you find yourself in. SP can be beaten, and when it is finally beaten you will realise that valentines doesn't actually mean anything anyway

maggie

Horatio said:
well here it is... happy valentines day

this is my first one ever that I've had a girlfriend to spend with. we aren't doing anything big, just spending some quiet time with each other. I still don't believe in valentines day anyways... but at least hallmark won't be getting a dime out of me. Ive just finished hand writing a letter to her in french on parchment paper and sealed it with wax.

don't let the day get the better of you. I know that probably sounds pretty pathetic coming from me, being that ironically it was me that started this thread a year ago bitching about how left out I felt.

if the day makes you frustrated then channel that frustration towards finding a way out of the hole you find yourself in. SP can be beaten, and when it is finally beaten you will realise that valentines doesn't actually mean anything anyway
awesome post Horatio :!: .and i think the letter you wrote your girlfriend..' in French, on parchment paper and sealed with wax' sounds way more romantic than a card form Hallmark :wink:

SocialRetahd

The women on here don't have to be alone, THEY CHOSE TO BE ALONE, because they can't be with who they think is the "perfect guy". You know the asshole who has no value for her. boohoohoohoo

coriander1992

SocialRetahd said:
The women on here don't have to be alone, THEY CHOSE TO BE ALONE, because they can't be with who they think is the "perfect guy". You know the asshole who has no value for her. boohoohoohoo

erm..I don't think that is particularly fair or neccesary!
its hard for both men and women for differen't reasons, don't be so ignorant!

SocialRetahd

coriander1992 said:

Any average or above average looking female can find a guy in minutes, just by going to the grocery store lets say. Way to spell "different" by the way.

coriander1992

SocialRetahd said:
coriander1992 said:

Any average or above average looking female can find a guy in minutes, just by going to the grocery store lets say. Way to spell "different" by the way.

This shall probably be my last post in reply to you, seeing as I don't like wasting my time on such ignorant people.
The fact that you talked about my spelling just tells me that you have no better argument to put forward. I am 14 and have problems with spelling sometimes, I could have had a condition that made me that way, and you would have made me feel just great with that comment.
What you are saying is completely ignorant and sexcist to a degree, and pointless. goodbye.