UPDATE: Secure Wipes and Advert

HHDisturbed

I have to say that even after 4+ months worth of treatments, the Secure glyco topical wipes are still working great for me and has reduced my craniofacial and gustatory sweating by 80% to 90%. I am very pleased!

Normal daily routine:
I apply one 2.5% Secure pad once in the morning, after showering, to entire face and neck. On days I know I will need an extra boost I take a 2mg Advert capsule in addition. I have very few side effects but do include increased sensitivity to sunlight and dry mouth...both are tolerable.

The only time when I still sweat profusely while treating with glyco is when I am doing manual labor outdoors. However, I feel that I sweat about 1/2 to 2/3 as much as without glyco. I sweat like rain from my face and head so it is a noticable improvement. I also seem to dry up much faster too where it used to take 15 to 20 mins for the faucet to stop after activity.

I do experience some "phantom" sweating which causes anxiety in certain situations but for the most part it is not a big problem. I dont always have to apply every day either. Just on the days I know I will need it. If I treat with the wipes and an Advert the dryer results often last into the second day.

As mentioned numerous times... Secure wipes and Advert (aka Robinul) are available without a prescription in various strengths, online at pharmacy.ca I live in the U.S. and have had no problems ordering from Canada.

Best of success to all in their fight against hyperhidrosis!

Last edited:

sean_turner74

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad that you found a treatment that works so well for you!!

One question: if you use the Secure Wipes alone, do you notice any compensatory sweating?

HHDisturbed

I have not noticed any compensatory sweating. I sweat normal from my shoulders down and have noticed no difference over the past several months.

HHDisturbed

Today in the Midwestern US it was horribly hot and humid (95 deg F). But as usual I just applied the 2.5% Secure wipe to entire face and neck this morning. I didnt run the AC in the car and I did not sweat at all from my face, head or neck. No compensatory sweating elsewhere either.

I know my top 10 HH episode triggers. Given that I simply adjust what days I use the wipes and/or the advert pills based on weather conditions or what I will be doing that day. It's been about 5 months now I am starting to feel more confidence and able to relax a bit more when dining out or at a backyard BBQ with family or friends.

Sprawling

today in the midwestern us it was horribly hot and humid (95 deg f). But as usual i just applied the 2.5% secure wipe to entire face and neck this morning. I didnt run the ac in the car and i did not sweat at all from my face, head or neck. No compensatory sweating elsewhere either.

I know my top 10 hh episode triggers. Given that i simply adjust what days i use the wipes and/or the advert pills based on weather conditions or what i will be doing that day. It's been about 5 months now i am starting to feel more confidence and able to relax a bit more when dining out or at a backyard bbq with family or friends.

!!! Excellent !!