Unapproachable

mikebird

Banned
Those who know me avoid me

I find it impossible to approach people, including family, old friends, someone who's face I've seen once, or strangers

The only chance I have of approaching anyone is when a recruiter or salesman addresses me about a new opportunity for me or for them

Once in a relationship with a manager in business, a time will occur, either immediately or weeks or months later, where the bond was never made properly and however slight some relation might have been, it will quickly diminish

matthew_

Those who know me avoid me

I find it impossible to approach people, including family, old friends, someone who's face I've seen once, or strangers

The only chance I have of approaching anyone is when a recruiter or salesman addresses me about a new opportunity for me or for them

Once in a relationship with a manager in business, a time will occur, either immediately or weeks or months later, where the bond was never made properly and however slight some relation might have been, it will quickly diminish

Some of that is certainly more advanced than mine, I hope you find some way to see things that can rectify some of that.

I can relate to a lot of it, the impossibility of approaching people. I am lucky in a way, because I can approach my family without massive apprehension.

Have you tried small steps? If you study something, then, well it's hard as HELL, but there is progress to be made there. Even if you get on some medication while first dealing with that.

Try and figure out what kind of person you are, what interests you have, how peoples interests might match. And then try and find a place to study something that suits that. It's much easier adapting to people who have the same passions. For instance, as someone who is arty - suddenly joining a football club, or anything like that, would yield zero results for me.

I worked in the transport industry for 5 years, nothing, no progress. I managed to fit in, seem shy. Never really get anywhere.

However the year of film school, was at first the worst kind of pain. Yet eventually, i started to ease my way into discussions. I went to the bar afterwards, and quietly sat by. Acting passive, and not over exerting myself. People don't mind that. Eventually, i started to throw some offbeat/interesting bits into conversations. And while I certainly thought that everyone was superior to me, and I constantly cross compared myself, that STARTED, to ease. Just like how you exercise, and the more you do so, the more natural it seems. 6 months later and you feel strange if you don't.