Types of People

Emily_G

Anxious/more stuttery around "mean" people. Like waitresses who are cranky and rush you. Relaxed/less stuttery around really nice, patient people. :)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'm not sure... Being around strangers and people in general makes me anxious...Even around friends I get anxious at times. There's days where I am really nervous and other days where i am not nervous at all, or only a little... I think I might get more anxious around friends, but for fear of being boring, annoying or just embarrassing myself or failing at everything.. I always feel so inferior and guilty that I get to think that every move of mine will be failure. I'm trying hard to fight these feelings though... My friends already know me and my issues, which helps... and talking and opening up instead of hidding everything has helped a lot too.

PisceanWisdom

Well, I've written a whole long answer to this, but it might be a bit inappropriate for this forum. So instead of posting a long first draft of a ramble, I just want to say thanks to everyone for replying.

It's interesting that some people find it anxiety provoking to be around authority figures, but it's possible to relate more to authority figures than your peers. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that inferiority and superiority complexes go hand in hand. (Ugh, impersonal reply...)