Trouble believing that I am likeable

Luke1993

Well, not everyone is likeable. If they were the world would be a big happy family. A horrible serial killer could come on this forum and say he has low self esteem and thinks he's unlikeable and everyone would jump to say he's not, but the truth is some people really just are unlikeable and not everyone deserves to feel good about themselves. Sometimes it's justified. (Being realistic)
But of course, since one man's trash is another man's treasure, there's always someone who will like even the most unlikeable of people.

You sir have made a very good point there......

Anyway I'm also jealous that you've gotten to know this girl, she seems like the perfect girl for me lol anyways good luck!

You're doing just fine. ;) Remember, there's no hurry to any of this. The woman usually controls the pace of whatever the relationship is going to be, anyway.

Have fun! :)

combat

Yeah so what a crummy day... so first I was supposed to hang out with this girl today. We already rescheduled from last week due to last-minute work scheduling complications and since she was working a very late night shift last night I told her to touch base with me when she wakes up or whatever. So she never did. Whatever, I played it off later in the evening and texted her how work went. She replies fine and asks if I was going to go to this work get together at a bar. I said I wasn't really planning to but maybe I'd drop by for a bit.

So I go there and decide what the hell, let me try drinking and see if that changes anything for me as far as being in these uncomfortable situations. I didn't exactly get drunk (I defintely felt the effects though), but answer is it changes nothing for me. Probably just depresses me more (and might be a contributing factor to the negativity of this post)... but anyway, so she shows up and motions me to her table, so I sit down. Not really the ideal situation for hanging out and talking though. Loud, crummy music, too many distracting people drawing her attention away. None of that would bother me much if I didn't feel like she's just being a flirt about everything. If she really wanted to hang out, be it 1 on 1, or even 2 on 2 with our mutual friend and his girlfriend, it seems like it would have happened by now. I playfully told her I was gonna take something of hers hostage if she keeps ducking this. Yeah, I kept it light and funny but in reality I'm getting really sick of pursuing this, whatever the hell this is anyway.

I'm debating trying to set it up one more time, otherwise I'm just gonna stop giving her any attention altogether. I mean what the f***, she suggests hanging out in the first place but then is never serious about making it happen. I almost feel like I'm probably just being annoying to her at this point.

And this is why I avoid trying this sh** in the first place. I would feel better and happier about my life if I never bothered with this in the first place. I am so tired of this, I am tired of putting myself out there and trying to get close to people who clearly just don't give a f*** about me in the first place.

Maybe I'll be eating crow if I'm just misreading everything (I have a tendency to overanalyze, but then again, I used to read positive signs into situations where there weren't really any, now I'm trying to be a realist). But I don't feel confident that this is gonna go anywhere. Hmph. Thanks to anyone who bothered to read this rant. I hope I'm wrong and maybe just had too much alcohol...

Last edited: