Trouble asking for help?

sullyS25

Yes, I also have majors problems asking for help from others. It's called being a dude. lol.

Ya man and dudes arent supposed to have emotions either! I am sorry for the sarcasm man but I think it is much more complex than being a dude. Sure society expects us to be that way but it goes much deeper than that for me at least.

mr.jimbo

yeah i have that problem. especially calling or asking for services in general and speaking with an instructor that im confused about. I tried not to be afraid of sounding stupid because i know its okay. but one thing that really bugs me is that i make my question(s) very incoherent and they give me a confusing look or sound confused of not getting my questions through, and i don't know how to paraphrase or explain my question again to make it clearer. i would stutter and say very few words uncomfortably. eventually, i'll have to get comfortable because thats part of life in order to move forward.

Tiercel

I've always had trouble asking for help. And it sure didn't help that I was one of those kids who could ace a test without even studying for it. So I never really had a reason to ask.

Of course now that gift has come back to bite me in the ass. Fears of inadequacy + lifelong habit of not asking for help = big trouble now that I really need it.

Maybe I should buy a Mega Millions ticket. It's over $300 million right now, and my chances of winning are about the same as the likelihood of me asking for help. It's not quite the kind of help I need, but it couldn't hurt....