Transitions lenses

awkwardamanda

Has anyone had glasses with Transitions lenses? What did you think of them?

I have to get new glasses sometime soon and I was thinking about trying them. I just want some opinions first if anyone has had them. The downside is that they apparently don't get darker in a vehicle because they're sensitive to UV light which gets blocked by the windshield anyway. Also, they aren't polarized. So I'd need a pair of sunglasses for driving and for anytime I'm going to be outside for an extended period. I just think the Transitions would be nice when I'm in and out of the house often so I don't have to be switching my glasses all the time. I hate when I want to go out for a walk in the evening and it's still bright enough to need sunglasses when I leave, but too dark to wear them by the time I get home. Or sometimes, I'll go for a walk and I'll put on my sunglasses, but if I decide to go into a store on the way, I either keep the sunglasses on and everything's dark, or I take them off and can't see too well. It's annoying.

Thelema

I've had them for a long time. They're great.

Never have to have sunglasses.

They change pretty quick, but you still have to wait a few seconds as they adjust. You can get a lot of light in your eye suddenly and they aren't dark, but that doesn't happen often enough to really matter.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't get them!

megalon

My brother had them for a few years and the only thing he didn't like was the price tag.

WeirdyMcGee

My dad has them and he loves them so much that he actually keeps them on all the time, rather than going blind; because they're more convenient, I think.

It is funny walking indoors after being outside in sunny cold weather, and seeing his glasses fog up; still looking like sunglasses. :rolleyes:
But nothing's perfect~ and they seem to work very well for him.

awkwardamanda

They change pretty quick, but you still have to wait a few seconds as they adjust. You can get a lot of light in your eye suddenly and they aren't dark, but that doesn't happen often enough to really matter.
It probably takes about as long to dig out my sunglasses and swap them. Less the hassle though.

Thelema said:
I don't know why anyone wouldn't get them!
Because of this:
My brother had them for a few years and the only thing he didn't like was the price tag.
I don't care. I'll pay whatever they're worth.

...The hard part I think will be picking out frames.:confused: I'm fussy. I wish I had time to go look right now. Too busy with Christmas.::(: