Too many extroverts on POF

Rodney

So many intimidating extroverts on POF. They're all like "you only live once", "enjoying life", "love to hang out with friends and go clubbing". Where are the introverted shy girls?

All I want is a shy girl who has self doubts but I've only found one like that on their. I fantasize finding a girl who helps to bring me out of my shell and vice-versa.

The next couple of months are going to destroy my soul. I'm not ready for this. I don't want to be an adult or a human for that matter. It's all so fake. Pretending like I have interests or an identity... ::(:

*hides under covers*

Last edited:

shakethelight

Please don't take offense to this but why would you want to date a girl who has self-doubts? Maybe I am I just taking it wrong. If so, I apologize. I understand not wanting to be with someone who's into the club scene but opposites do attract. I've dated all different types of guys & the best relationship I ever had was a guy who was completely different from myself. He challenged me & made want to be better. But, everyone is different.

Try geek2geek.com ( i think thats it) and back in the day I used Makeoutclub.com lol.

Rodney

Please don't take offense to this but why would you want to date a girl who has self-doubts? Maybe I am I just taking it wrong. If so, I apologize. I understand not wanting to be with someone who's into the club scene but opposites do attract. I've dated all different types of guys & the best relationship I ever had was a guy who was completely different from myself. He challenged me & made want to be better. But, everyone is different.

Try geek2geek.com ( i think thats it) and back in the day I used Makeoutclub.com lol.

Well the idea would be to get her and me to help eachother gain confidence but I understand your view point and will consider it. People who are a lot more experienced than me in life are super intimidating and I feel worthless compared to them. Thanks for the suggestion, though. You're right, I shouldn't limit my options and they could be good for me.

k8steroonis

you should try working on yourself and trying new experiences so that you'll be well-rounded when the right girl comes around! and don't be afraid to get out there in the meantime. it's ok to not like that scene...i don't either. just do what makes you happy and get's you so absorbed that you don't even have time to compare yourself to others. sorry for all the positivity-overkill i know how annoying it can be when you just want to sulk-believe me we all need to sulk from time to time. i just had a good day :) hope you find what you're looking for

sahxox

Hey sorry to be crude but alot of these extroverts are quite simply wankers. Don't be decieved into believing that just cos they're into 'clubbing' means that their social lives are as good as they make them look. I once went to this real dud of a party - everyone was scattered around the dance floor in awkward cliches - and this group of girls kept taking 'selfies'. I then went on facebook and bam, they were bragging about the 'best night' and 'hectic party'. Haha needless to say me and my friends got a good laugh out of it. ;) I admit, it is intimidating, but a large portion of them are only saying it because they have succummed to the intimidation of peer pressure. Be proud your not stupid enough. :)

megalon

Keep in mind that you're only seeing what they want you to see on a dating site, and it may be somewhat exaggerated. If they are insecure and shy, they probably don't want to advertise that. Do you write about your own insecurities in your profile? I'm sure most people don't.

Bree1989

I met my boyfriend on pof. We are polar opposites, and that's why our relationship works so well. He is extroverted, loud, a go-getter, confident. I would never, ever want to date someone like me because we would never get anywhere. We'd just sit around moping all day. With my bf, I'm forced to come out of my shell and improve myself.

If I were you, I would seriously consider dating an extrovert. They're fun.

Chess

I think a lot of shy girls get scared off online dating. :p

I don't think the introvert/extrovert dichotomy is really all that important. An extrovert can still be highly understanding and open to the low-key socialization introverts generally enjoy, and an introvert can definitely challenge another introvert to grow. Look for someone who complements you first and foremost, though if all they're talking about is parties and clubs they don't sound like your thing.

nikkixo

alot of what people put on dating sites isn't anywhere near the truth.. they're trying to market theirselves the best they can