tonight

RND_CHR

I'll try to keep this short so people will read it. I'm pretty upset about what happened tonight. I went to a bar with some friends and played in a pool tournament. I was playing the final match to decide who won the tournament and I overheard the guy I was playing trash talking about me to another guy I had beat earlier in the tournament. He said like "I've never seen someone get so lucky on the table." It wasn't really that, that bothered me. What happeend is i started thinking other things I do that I feel like are accomoplishments only happen due to are luck, and that I only achieve things through luck and that people only hang out with me because they feel bad for me. It really got me down and I told the guy that said that stuff about I wanted to quit the tournament. Basically, I just wanted to leave and my friends kept encouraging me to keep playing. I feel really bad because I didnt want to behave that way and now i feel like everyone there is going to think that, that comment the guy made really hurt me when it wasn't the comment, it was how the comment made me think about myself. It was really me that hurt myself.

sleepysparrow

You're probaby over-thinking things again, I do that all the time. Just take it as a compliment because you were obviously playing well, right? Maybe that person is just jealous of you and angry because you beat him. I wouldn't worry about what happened too much, it sounds like your friends were encouraging you because they noticed you were playing well too. Be confident because it wasn't luck, it was you!

DaaaBulls

Trust me, I have played competitive sports all my life, when someone uses the words lucky about the opponent they are either mad they lost or they are mad that they aren't as good as the other team/person. Period. I would know, I used the same "Wow they are lucky" line many many times.

Sacrament

Way to blow things out of proportion. The guy was actually jealous of how well you were playing.