Thought i would share

I've had terribly sweaty hands(aka palmer hyperhidrosis) since being a young child. I knew I had the problem but just went along as nothing was wrong most of my teen and school years and did great at school and was really popular too. Than at 18 I became annoyed and went to a dermatologist who administered botox to my palms but it had no effect and continued to sweat, ao again I accepted it and carried on . At around 20 I was frustrated by how much it impaired me and I was recommended to use perspirex antiperspirent. Wow did it work. It worked so great. My hands were perfectly dry in all situations. It gave me tremendous new confidence. I had tons of gfs and had the world in my palms lol work life everything was so easy. Than after 2 years at age 22 it suddenly stopped working. It was spring time and my hands were pouring sweat, I live in hot climate of 30+ celcius. Now I also noticed my feet were sweating bad which never was a problem, they were dripping wet through my shoes it was so terrible I couldnt write exams or anything. I was so dissappointed but I didn't want to be a victim so I started researching and decided to build an ionto machine which was very simple and cheap to do. I started doing the treatments and after 6 I noticed my hands were already partially dry and after 10 treatments I achieved 95% dryness, my fingertips do get abit sweaty but not bad, my feet still sweat but after treating my hands they have reduced a lot and are manageable. I do notice compensatory sweating when my hands are dry. It happens on my face and the top of my hands, but this doesn't pose a problem to me. Its peak summer now and I'm doing great , but its only been 3 weeks so I'm worried it may stop working, fingers crossed. Ets is crazy and not worth the risks. I hope this post is useful to someone and any advice woud be appreciated. :)

margiehope

Don't have your particular version of HH, but just wanted to say I'm impressed by your positive and proactive attitude. Others will tell you more about ionto, but good luck!

I've had terribly sweaty hands(aka palmer hyperhidrosis) since being a young child. I knew I had the problem but just went along as nothing was wrong most of my teen and school years and did great at school and was really popular too. Than at 18 I became annoyed and went to a dermatologist who administered botox to my palms but it had no effect and continued to sweat, ao again I accepted it and carried on . At around 20 I was frustrated by how much it impaired me and I was recommended to use perspirex antiperspirent. Wow did it work. It worked so great. My hands were perfectly dry in all situations. It gave me tremendous new confidence. I had tons of gfs and had the world in my palms lol work life everything was so easy. Than after 2 years at age 22 it suddenly stopped working. It was spring time and my hands were pouring sweat, I live in hot climate of 30+ celcius. Now I also noticed my feet were sweating bad which never was a problem, they were dripping wet through my shoes it was so terrible I couldnt write exams or anything. I was so dissappointed but I didn't want to be a victim so I started researching and decided to build an ionto machine which was very simple and cheap to do. I started doing the treatments and after 6 I noticed my hands were already partially dry and after 10 treatments I achieved 95% dryness, my fingertips do get abit sweaty but not bad, my feet still sweat but after treating my hands they have reduced a lot and are manageable. I do notice compensatory sweating when my hands are dry. It happens on my face and the top of my hands, but this doesn't pose a problem to me. Its peak summer now and I'm doing great , but its only been 3 weeks so I'm worried it may stop working, fingers crossed. Ets is crazy and not worth the risks. I hope this post is useful to someone and any advice woud be appreciated. :)

MyShadow

Is Perspirex more effective than Odaban?

I used Odaban to try to at least reduce hand sweating, but I didn't really notice a difference.

Do you use the antiperspirant with the iontophoresis machine?

Sprawling

I'm impressed that you were able to carry on in your younger years without the HH bothering you. What made the acceptance part change? Was that you experienced the DRY side and and didn't want to go back to how it was?

I've never tried odaban so I wouldnt know.. The thing about perspirex is u gota use it properly.. I used to apply it generously to my palms right before sleeping and have a fan blow over me to dry it and not let it rub off.. This way it worked. But now it has no effect on me I think I've become immune to it. I'm currently only using ionto and loving it so far.. Hope it doesn't quit on me too. Growing up with hh was hard, writing at school was difficult I had to tuck my hand between my sleeve or have cloth under my hand to write but yeah I was too busy enjoying childhood and school and being naughty to worry about it. As an adult its different.. You just need dry hands lol. I still look at the positives in my life and think it could have been worse I could have been cripple or ill. Never become a victim to your circumstances always fight. Feeling sorry for yourself is only gona make you worse off. The other thing I've noticed is that hh doesn't bother other people. It doesn't gross them out well aslong as you not stinking, its only bothering yourself. Thanx guyz

SweatSweatGoAway

If you really plan to treat yourself with that painful, inconvenient iontophoresis machine for the rest of your life, be my guest. However, I would not rule out the surgery. Most of the complaints on the internet that say "ETS ruined my life" and "the compensatory sweating is unbearable etc etc" are from people who have had ETS NOT for palmar hyperhidrosis. But, they got it for facial blushing, facial sweating, or axillary hyperhidrosis. Palmar hyperhidrosis is by far the worst of them all, and thus the outcome of the surgery is much more positive for us. For example, it is much easier for us to tolerate back sweating than hand sweating, and the nerve which is clipped for palmar hh does not cause as many side-effects as is the one for facial blushing/sweating (nerve T2). Don't get turned away from all the hate preachers, the surgery can change your life; there's no need to live life hiding behind sweaty hands, it is horrible to do that.

Last edited:

missjesss

Banned
you are lucky u only get sweaty hands!! and you were popular in school im so jealous :) I was popular in primary school but picked on in high school and constantly put down by my dad and ppl in school grrrrrrrrrrr

Sweatsweatgoaway ets scares the sweat outa me lol but i did consider it for awhile but as the ionto worked i didnt care about it.. did you have it done and what are your experiences.

Missjess its surprising that your dad puts you down lol he probably gave you the faulty gene but anyways dont let this stop you from living your life.. sweating sucks but if you accept it as the way you are and not bother with it,it becomes tolerable

can anybody using ionto give me advice on how it works best for them as in maintenance schedule ,type of water, temperature of water, any additives, session time and polarity, type of batteries ,voltage, any tips basically, cumon share your success. thanx

Hey guys its +- a year later I'm really getting sick of ionto.. Thinking of getting robinul but live in south africa and only ditropan is available.. Any help please?

ysh

How come you are sick of ionto? Does it not work as expected or you are just tired of the repeated treatments?

Sprawling

At some point treatments become a way of life. After 6 years I'm just grateful that I can experience some dry days instead of drippy days.