this ugly girl knows her lonely road in life

burdeninyourhands

I am 24 years old and I live in new York, probably the most culturally diverse place on the planet and I have never been so indifferent about developing new relationships. The first time I thought I was in love should have been a precursor. For the future. I fell in love with this Guy when I was 12. Infactuation is the correct word. He would sing songs to my friend through her window on his guitar and pretty much give any friend the time of day. He didn't find my body attractive. As I entered high school I was 6 feet tall and about 270 pounds. I dressed like a punk to express myself. I received criticism for being African American and into punk rock music, only by my own people ofcpurse. I. Ad to feel like a outsider, no one would be seen with me. I created friendships but NP relationships. I watch my "pretty" friends treat people who liked them like crap, I could never imagine being that way to someone who found me attractive evenough to be interested. After high-school I started seeing a man in his 30s he never showed affection for me if I didn't ask for it. He cared more about his Guy friends and video games than me. He undermined my problems. The fact that I was 18 all my close family was dead I had body image issue. He never cared then he made sexual advances towards my roommate that she waited a year to inform me. She didn't wanna get thrown out cuz she couldn't find a job and we were staying at his place for a month. As you can tell in this ramble that my life is pretty horrible outside of relationships. I lost 65 pounds and I dress "normally" but it had made no difference. A desperate man might want to use me for sex but that's it. The only thing I asked God for is a loving relationship, its bad enough I have no family and totally selfinvolved friends who I have no interest in even maintaining a relationship with. I doubt I can even have children God hates me and wants me to live in isolation. I have no interest in even trying to date. I rather stay alone then lie to myself thinking this Guy is gonna think I'm beautiful and want to be with only me. Most people think alike if it hasn't happened in the past then it wont happen. The last relationship I had I felt like God has answered my prayers this man was into wrestling the same way I was and he was taller than me which is hard to find for women 6 feet tall. He lied to me for a month and then ran away no answering of text messages or phone calls. I was a idiot to believe I could find someone. I don't know why God wont take my life away, I get no pleasure from humans I actually. Hate people and their self centered munipulative ways, I don't make eye contact with people and I have no interest in lying to myself again. I want to die. While God makes me suffer here I have to accept the fact that I am not pretty and men don't want me. God didn't even think I was worthy of family. Looks like I'm spending another holidays alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdyMcGee

First of all- welcome to the forum!
I merged your two threads and moved it to the 'personal stories' area of the forum, as I felt it suited here better. You'll get to know the forum if you browse around more and I just know you'll find more people who feel alot like you do. Please feel free to express your thoughts here as no one is judging you!

In reading your story; although we are two very different people, I feel like I've lived your story in many small ways.

All I can tell you is you have to love yourself and love from other people will follow.
If men don't like your body- that is their loss. You are a beautiful person and you deserve a man who will treat you like a queen but you won't get a man like that until you can treat yourself like one.

I think you could really benefit from a self-esteem workshop because if your avatar is your photo, you are a very beautiful person and you shouldn't be feeling so badly about yourself... but self-esteem is much deeper than how you actually look, I know that much.
It's easy enough to just say 'love yourself and your life will be perfect' - but nothing in life is perfect and loving yourself might seem impossible.

All you can do is try.
Just re-focus and be happy with yourself and I promise good things will happen.

MollyBeGood

Hi Welcome:) I am sorry you feel so alone..I can relate. But I just want to say, please don't put so much importance on how men look at you. Thats a huge mistake. If a guy likes you just for your looks that's an extremely shallow man and if he doesn't see beyond a few pounds to your heart same applies. Either way...don't place your happiness on how the opposite sex judges you, you will not like the out come.
I would rather be alone at this point in my life then with a man who doesn't love me for who I am, inside and out...warts and all. Because really your body changes with age and time, it's just a body.
People suck...but there are some good ones to know, at least that's what I keep telling myself. I found a nice group of folks here who are dealing with similar issues so that makes me feel better about humans.
Oh and btw you look very pretty in your photo w/ a great smile too, keep smiling =)

da_illest101

I know this must be very hard to do but don't put importance on how the opposite sex think of you. I know everyone want to be loved for who they are and not what they look like but in the world we live it's seems like a fairy tale. You are better off alone then with liars.

Also who are some of your favourite wrestler? I'm a huge wrestling fan :D

Clark Kent

I am sure God does not hate you. The world may seem to hate you and other people will betray and disappoint you all of the time, but try to meet them with kindness none the less and believe in them even if they do not believe in you
and try to extend the same understanding and love towards yourself.

I know it is hard...but i know that God loves you just as much as he loves all his children.