This site is turning me into an optimist...

SM1010

I'm not great with words and I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but finding this site has really opened my eyes about the negative nature of social anxiety. No offense to anyone, but most of the discussion here is pretty negative.

Seeing threads on here full of people proclaiming that they'll never find a romantic partner, leave their room, make any friends, or find any genuine happiness in their lives is absolutely heart breaking. To me, it really illustrates how devastating self-defeating thoughts can be.

I can't tell you how many times I read threads on here and think to myself "don't say that!" in regards to something negative someone wrote about themselves.

I can honestly say that I think this site has made me more of a positive person by making me aware of how self-defeating negative thoughts can be. I hope that maybe some of you will read this and realize the same thing, and thus help you too.

Love,
SM1010

:)

drganon

129045109110864683.jpg

coyote

I'm not great with words and I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but finding this site has really opened my eyes about the negative nature of social anxiety. No offense to anyone, but most of the discussion here is pretty negative.

Seeing threads on here full of people proclaiming that they'll never find a romantic partner, leave their room, make any friends, or find any genuine happiness in their lives is absolutely heart breaking. To me, it really illustrates how devastating self-defeating thoughts can be.

I can't tell you how many times I read threads on here and think to myself "don't say that!" in regards to something negative someone wrote about themselves.

I can honestly say that I think this site has made me more of a positive person by making me aware of how self-defeating negative thoughts can be. I hope that maybe some of you will read this and realize the same thing, and thus help you too.

Love,
SM1010

:)

100 rep points to this user

jonas89

You're absolutely right, I've thought about this before.
No one shouldn't be treated like they are worth nothing by anyone, and SPECIALLY by them self

MrJones

It's refreshing to read that this is helping you, SM1010, optimism is one of the most important things when trying to get better of this (I suppose).

Shade

This site is a place to vent our frustrations to others who understand our predicament. There are many positive threads on this forum like complimenting others, word games, posting fave music/videos and things to be thankful for. It's not all negative things.

Besides, lot's of people here have a great sense of humour.

upndwn

Sometimes it is good to vent out ones frustration, especially in a place like this where people really understand and sympathize with one another. For me, personally, this forum has helped me tremendously. The camaraderie of this community is amazing. Never before have I witnessed a forum with such understanding and helpful members. When I need someone to lean on when I'm feeling down, it is much easier to get understanding here than it is IRL.