This is what happens when I date.

Snowcrash

I know what you mean.

I guess the only thing I can say there is that you have to find a way to make new memories with the person you want to be with.

Because yeah, a relationship can't just be about telling your life story and then running out of things to talk about.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense. Basically I think you need to be able to do things together that you both enjoy so that you will have new things to talk about. Even if it is just renting DVDs together, then you have a movie to talk about, if you liked it, hated it, why...

Thelema

Dude you don't need to impress a girl. It is not only a big lie you are telling her you would never be able to keep it up longer than about 2 weeks strangely. Just be yourself and she'll be impressed by your honesty :wink: Just come out and tell her you have social anxiety and all those little things about yourself that you don't like.

Alright thats enough talking out of my butt for a while :D

juju

So i find a girl eventually. I gather up the courage to impress her for I'd say about 2 weeks or so, after that it all goes down hill and I just find nothing to say and the relationship turns to crap. Basically, I get this feeling that I won her over and i don't need to do anymore to keep her. Or maybe it's not that i feel like I don't need to I just CAN'T. Probably a little of both. I don't have anything to say anymore. I told my whole life story and all that crap and now it's just down to. Nothing. It's so depressing and hard to find a good relationship I don't know how it could ever work for any of us with SA. If any of you do figure it out CONGRATULATIONS! I'm happy for you.

And as for me I'm doomed to the life of lonerdom! if that's a word :p

you have summed my feelings exaclty. the whole "i find nothing to say" is at the heart of why relationships fade to nothing after all, isnt conversation the thing which binds people together ????

Ren Koutaisou

Two weeks? Good job. My last tragedy lasted all of 3 days, then being dismissed by a text message while at work.

Lorraine Manca

you have summed my feelings exaclty. the whole "i find nothing to say" is at the heart of why relationships fade to nothing after all, isnt conversation the thing which binds people together ????

nope, its not. conversation is just a way to pass the time. anyways, you shouldnt have to force anything. if it isnt meant to be, thats ok. dont worry about it. being alone is worlds better than being with the wrong person,

Krista

So i find a girl eventually. I gather up the courage to impress her for I'd say about 2 weeks or so, after that it all goes down hill and I just find nothing to say and the relationship turns to crap. Basically, I get this feeling that I won her over and i don't need to do anymore to keep her. Or maybe it's not that i feel like I don't need to I just CAN'T. Probably a little of both. I don't have anything to say anymore. I told my whole life story and all that crap and now it's just down to. Nothing. It's so depressing and hard to find a good relationship I don't know how it could ever work for any of us with SA. If any of you do figure it out CONGRATULATIONS! I'm happy for you.

And as for me I'm doomed to the life of lonerdom! if that's a word :p

She might not have worked out but you'll find someone where conversation topics never seem to end even when you think you don't have anymore. You just have to get into the comfortable feeling of it.

And if it's not a word, it should be.

Richey

This is ultimately a great thing to happen to you! you are gaining the experience and building up a resistance to rejection. what really happened was perhaps the relationship was based on an initial spark but because it fizzled out it wasnt meant to be long lasting. if you get to know a girl and become friends for a long time the more likely it is you'll stick together becauese you'll put up with each others quirks but you've built a foundation.

if its dating then the more likely it is that it'll take longer to meet someone that sticks around because its based on initial excitement and spark rather then knowing the person before hand. it can come down to chemistry, superficial expectations, dating someone you've only had limited interaction around is like diving into the deep end without a paddle but sometimes it works out.

I really feel for you- I have a similar problem. I meet a guy, they really like me, we go out on a date, I think it goes well, then they slowly stop txtin me (or just dont text at all)- it leaves me feeling soooo s**t. I started to feel that there must be something seriously wrong with me- but the guys i was meeting were off that crap dating site (pof), and ive heard from quite afew people now that people from that site are very weird- so maybe it wasnt me after all,lol.