This is a support group .... ?

Bo592

Part of the reason I stopped coming here the way I used to is because it drags me down even more than I already can be sometimes.People here tend to wallow rather than seeking solutions. It's depressing.
Then they push down the people who attempt to offer solutions and advice bc they want to just continue wallowing in their sorrows and unfair hand they were dealt.It's easier that way for them.
That the main reason why I made this thread.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
It would be more effective to add positivity to the forum by being positive about your own threads. Reaching out to people who are feeling down as individuals. I would not advise telling anyone stuff along the lines of how they should be more cheerful or to look on the bright side, though.

Someone in a bad place sees the world through a lens of despair.

They say they're starving.

You point out they're standing in the middle of an apple orchard.

They become angry because to them it's obvious all the apples are rotten.

You notice all they keep looking at is the 2 rotten apples on the whole tree.

It works a lot like that, and getting them to look at the rest of the apples is neither simple nor easy. I should know--I've spent much of my life looking at the world through a lens of despair.

Odo

Banned

So you were trolling, then.

Making a thread because you want to complain about the people on the forum is definitely not the way to bring about a more positive atmosphere... it just makes everyone cattier.

And congrats on the successful troll-- because if you look at this thread, it's mostly just people complaining about each other. Looks like you have a lot to learn about creating a positive atmosphere!