Things to help calm you before going into a social situation?

kristina303

Tomorrow, I have to go to my school to talk to my counsler to change my schedule around. She does know I have anxiety. I'm really worried about going in to talk to her and I was wondering if anyone knows anyways to calm yourself before being in a social situation?

Feathers

How did it go?

It helps me to distract myself with other things, cheer myself up.. To write down worries and considerations, what I want out of the meeting, what the other person might possibly say and how to react to that.. If they disagree or refuse something, what can I do or say then, etc? (Who else can I talk about this if they don't want to do this or such..)

Oh, and make sure you've eaten well (possibly some protein and some fresh veggies, or long-term carbs, to hold the levels of energy) before that too.. Make sure you have some magnesium and/or some other relax minerals/vitamins in nutrition..
Exercise/running may help.. Or talking to other people that you don't have anxiety of.. Or getting a friend/someone trusted to accompany you..

Good luck!

Last edited:
U

userremoved

I had a recent experience when I had to go get my class schedule set up. What helped me was just focusing on the business I came there to do and not trying to get too personal with people. It might just be me but I do much better if everything is professional. Now if you are talking about going to a party or hanging out with people, I'm lost as to what to do in those situations. It feel instantly judged and rejected when getting personal with people for some reason.