theres a girl at work....

Boundless

LittleMissScareAll said:
All the people who seem nice live a billion miles away though...and everybody else may have a purpose but I don't(except to be miserable--does that count as a purpose?).

Yea i know what you mean,nice people allways seem so damn far away but its a goal to meet them,pretty hard to give you any advice when i know nothing about you or your problems,talk to me,tell me your problems i know you dont know me and i am relativley new to this forum but im good at listening to other peoples worries and problems.

lonesomeboy

ginguitar - Congrats on ur thing with ur girl. Value that friendship that you have and dont block her out. Its awesome u write her songs and stuff. I realise now Iam always attracted to fun outgoing types, cos I think sub consciously thats they way I want to be as well. But of course, reality is much different.
I spoke with her today. Shes the totally adventarous type and said how she wanted to go hang gliding, skydiving. God I wish i wanted to do it too!. of course my shyness loser self I said something else that I cant even rememeber. Stupid! Stupid!

LittleMissScareAll - you sound very down. but trust me its a phase. you will get over it!.. feel free to talk to me on msn [email protected]

koyaanisqatsi - thanks for the advice. I realise how iam not gonna invest myself into this, else I hurt myself too badly. Even though i Like her alot, I realise there is plenty of other fish in the sea.
Your right, i been fantasizing about her a bit. god its sad but i cant help it. even had dreams about it too. gotta avoid doing that loser stuff and pretend its all normal for me.

asking to take break with her is a BIG step for me...I will definateltly try, but I gotta do it in a way that it doesnt seem a big deal. Else, it would seem too obvious I like her. Now way Iam revealing my feelings first befoer she does though. I coult not take the rejection. stupid SA.!

ginguitar

Sky Diving

You know what you've got to do lonesome... Look into booking and tell her you'll do it if she does. If she chickens out, she'll still be impressed that you did it. If it's a big deal for you to do that, she'll pick up on that, but it'll be a demonstration that you are willing to conquer your fears for her... And if you've told her about the SP, she'll know that your willing to try and conquer that stuff to.

LittleMissScareAll:

Remember that suicidal thoughts are only THOUGHTS. There is is always a chance, however slim, that things will get better. Even I know that there are wonderful people out there that I am yet to meet. We've just got to concentrate on combatting the SP and meeting more of those wonderful people. It is hard when things go wrong, but it does give me heart that I at least had the chance of knowing that person. I felt like this two years ago and if I'd succomed to those thoughts, I'd have never met the person who I have felt the most love for in my life. I've got to go on, because feelings change... However unlikely, she may one day feel something for me, or I may one day meet someone else. We've just got to keep going in the meantime and keep on fighting the SP.

When your feeling down, just try and sleep, because anything is possible in dreams. If you think happy thoughts before you sleep, the dreams can be a wonderful release.
It's true that everything seems different when you wake up.

ginguitar

I seem to have missed out the word 'skydiving' there lonesome! lol! That must have made no sense.
However bad I feel (And the last time I went out I had a panic attack) I'm going out for a goodbye drink with a mate from work tonight before I move up to Cardiff on Saturday (And god knows how I'm gonna cope living in a city again and getting a city job - but one step at a time).
Normally I get drunk first before I go out because of my SP, but I'm not going to have anything till I'm out tonight, and Im gonna try and control my drinking. I'm on Citalopram & Chlorpromazine for Anxiety and Depression, so I shouldn't be drinking at all really and it reduces your alcohol threshold.
Drink just depresses me now and I know I'll just whine about my unrequited love all night which won't be fun for my ex-workmate. Also I worry about drinking and texting her something that will ruin even friendship, so I'm gonna really try and stay on the side of sobriety tonight. Its hard when you walk in a crowded pub though... I usually have an instant bout of anxiety or panic attack. At least it seems to be dead in this town lately... I'll just hide at a corner table!

koyaanisqatsi

Trying to "get over" her is easier said than done, but it seems like a very good approach. It frees you from the torture of thinking about her constantly and allows you pursue other options. The fact that you work together makes it all the more difficult. Emotions seem to beat out rational thought. " Love Stinks"! { J Geils Band]

Asking her to take a break with you seems reasonable also. NO expectations, though. Don't delay. A break with her may be very enjoyable or it may be hell, but remember it's just a casual thing. Focus on her and the conversation, so you don't go belly-up. The break with her _may_ also tell you much about her feelings about you.

And you are right. She is not the only fish in the sea. And often as you get to know someone better and better, you find they weren't quite the person you thought they were. If you find that what she wants is completely diffferent than what you want, get back in the saddle and try to meet other girls ( plural intended ).

koyaanisqatsi

lonesomeboy said:
koyaanisqatsi - thanks for the advice. I realise how iam not gonna invest myself into this, else I hurt myself too badly. Even though i Like her alot, I realise there is plenty of other fish in the sea.

Your right, i been fantasizing about her a bit. god its sad but i cant help it. even had dreams about it too. gotta avoid doing that loser stuff and pretend its all normal for me.

asking to take break with her is a BIG step for me...I will definateltly try, but I gotta do it in a way that it doesnt seem a big deal. Else, it would seem too obvious I like her. Now way Iam revealing my feelings first befoer she does though. I coult not take the rejection. stupid SA.!

ColdFury

you sound very down. but trust me its a phase. you will get over it!.. feel free to talk to me on msn

SA nor depression is a "phase". Saying it is is highly demeaning.

LittleMissScareAll

Boundless said:
Yea i know what you mean,nice people allways seem so damn far away but its a goal to meet them,pretty hard to give you any advice when i know nothing about you or your problems,talk to me,tell me your problems i know you dont know me and i am relativley new to this forum but im good at listening to other peoples worries and problems.

Thanks...I don't wanna annoy you with my problems though, and nothing can be done to fix them anyway.

LittleMissScareAll

Re: Sky Diving

But they're thoughts that I can't control. I don't want to have those thoughts, but they won't go away...and I honestly believe things will never get any better. Everybody tells me "it'll get better" but nobody knows me, how I feel, or what I think...for most people, it may "get better" but not for me...people have told me that for years and it just gets worse.
And I never have any good dreams that make me feel better when I wake up. Actually this morning I woke up from a dream(about the guy I mentioned earlier) and wanted to go back to sleep since I took off work today, but I couldn't go back to sleep after that and it just made me feel worse and I started crying so then of course I never got to go back to sleep at all. I don't want to keep seeing him in my dreams...since I can't have him, I just want to forget I ever met him because every time I think about him or dream about him it just makes me feel that much worse...so I hate dreams...because when I wake up, they aren't real and I'm back to my terrible boring life and they just remind me of things that once made me happy and can no longer make me happy.

ginguitar said:
LittleMissScareAll:

Remember that suicidal thoughts are only THOUGHTS. There is is always a chance, however slim, that things will get better. Even I know that there are wonderful people out there that I am yet to meet. We've just got to concentrate on combatting the SP and meeting more of those wonderful people. It is hard when things go wrong, but it does give me heart that I at least had the chance of knowing that person. I felt like this two years ago and if I'd succomed to those thoughts, I'd have never met the person who I have felt the most love for in my life. I've got to go on, because feelings change... However unlikely, she may one day feel something for me, or I may one day meet someone else. We've just got to keep going in the meantime and keep on fighting the SP.

When your feeling down, just try and sleep, because anything is possible in dreams. If you think happy thoughts before you sleep, the dreams can be a wonderful release.
It's true that everything seems different when you wake up.

Boundless

LittleMissScareAll said:
Boundless said:

Thanks...I don't wanna annoy you with my problems though, and nothing can be done to fix them anyway.

Well thats up to you,but people telling me there problems doesnt annoy me,i do very little during the day its nice to talk to others,and who knows talking to someone might help you a little.

2QuietForThem

Wow - a lot of good replies here. Lonesomeboy, you are definitely not alone. My love that I let slip away was named Sharon. Does the lady you're interested in listen to music at her desk? If you recognize a song, ask her "Oh, you like (whatever the song is)?" She'll probably take it from there. If she just says "yeah", leave it at that; at least you said something. Keep doing those little things. You don't need to hit her with a mile long conversation. I attract long-winded talkers and I think they're crazy. Drop off any document at her desk that she may need (in incoming fax, for example). What about sending her an email asking about a good perfume that you'd like to get for your sister? (It's a lie, but all's fair in love and war) If she replies, thank her in person (keep it short) and then again a little while later to cover the time needed to "give your sister her gift". Just do little things - they'll add up.

ginguitar

LittleMissScareAll:

LittleMissScareAll:

I know broadly speaking, no two people can feel exactly the same, but I do empathise with you because your situation sounds like my own. Even today, I spent day and night lying on my bed, not particularly getting any sleep, feeling deppressed over my lack of love. I put on a dvd to try and take my mind off things and it'll be a romantic comedy to rub my nose in it, because however bad things get in hollywood, there's always a happy ending. I hate my own company and I hate being on my own, holed up in a house, but I'm gonna try over the next few months to turn that negative energy into positive energy. I don't know if I'll suceed. I don't expect anything to get better, because it never has for me either. I've never had a long term relationship. I don't feel I have anything to offer. I'm not attractive, I don't have a particularly good physique (though that Im gonna try and change with weights) and psychologivally, I just think.. who the hell wants to spend the rest of their life with me being brought down to my level of negativity. I want to stick around and have kids someday, because then my life will not be about me anymore. If you're cursed, then I'm cursed to, but you gotta keep trying, 'cos if things ever do work out for you one day, it'll be that much more special. I've been lonely for 24 years and I don't feel like bouncing back, but if I felt like I didn't want to go on yesterday, I've got nothing to loose today. If I'd been weak (like I feel) and given in to those thoughts and it really felt like I was on the brink, then I wouldn't be here now. So who cares really if I fail or make an idiot of myself? It free's me up to take risks, because life feels more precious when you realise that you were so close to throwing it away. It's a shame that you don't seem to have anyone to talk to and I don't either. At least, know one who understands. The only advice ppl offer is to 'Pull yourself together' and it feels like another nail in the coffin everytime someone says that, because it shows a total lack of understanding.
We aren't 'normal', or we would not need to be told to 'pull ourselves together', we'd simply do it. When your in a dark place, it's hard to find your way out, but you will if you percevere. In truth, we aren't fated when it comes to love and I'm sure you're cursed really. Meeting a soul mate is decided purely by chance, but you do have to open yourself up to give that chance a chance!
I find it hard to have faith in what I'm writing, but the only way I can go on is to read positive stuff and try and believe it.

the best activities you can do right now, are ones that fully involve your brain, to give it a break from worrying, regreatting and stressing! Either that or mind clearing activities, like meditating. And try visiting the doctor. It didn't work for me, I was fully ready to go for cognative/group therapy, but none was offered. They put me in touch with a 'crisis team' who phoned me up and visited me at home several times a week, and I could call them if I felt suicidal. It really helped a lot and made me feel less lonely and like someone cared.

I've just read a great book and it really helped me to come to terms with how I felt and you might want to try it:

Love Sick by Frank Tallis

It pulls the magic of love apart a bit, but it should help you understand the way you feel a bit better. It did for me. It highlights the simalaritied between love and mental illness, specifically depression. Of course if you suffer sever depression anyway, going through rejection/breakups made unbearably worse

Please keep strong. I've seen your pic in the photo album and I honestly think that you are physically beautiful. As has been said here before about SP sufferers, we seem to care 'too much' about things, so I'm guessing you have a beautiful personality to match.
Try and remember this, because if I saw you in a bar, I'd want to get talking to you.
I wouldn't, cos I'd be too nervous, but someone more confident and handsome certainly would!

Try and get better. After reading all your posts and feeling like I'm in the same frame of mind as you myself, I don't want you to die, so please don't do that. Social Phobia is a disadvantage, but that's all it is, but you've got to find a reason to get better. Find that reason and really focus on it and don't loose site of it OK?

Boundless

Re: LittleMissScareAll:

ginguitar said:
LittleMissScareAll:

I know broadly speaking, no two people can feel exactly the same, but I do empathise with you because your situation sounds like my own. Even today, I spent day and night lying on my bed, not particularly getting any sleep, feeling deppressed over my lack of love. I put on a dvd to try and take my mind off things and it'll be a romantic comedy to rub my nose in it, because however bad things get in hollywood, there's always a happy ending. I hate my own company and I hate being on my own, holed up in a house, but I'm gonna try over the next few months to turn that negative energy into positive energy. I don't know if I'll suceed. I don't expect anything to get better, because it never has for me either. I've never had a long term relationship. I don't feel I have anything to offer. I'm not attractive, I don't have a particularly good physique (though that Im gonna try and change with weights) and psychologivally, I just think.. who the hell wants to spend the rest of their life with me being brought down to my level of negativity. I want to stick around and have kids someday, because then my life will not be about me anymore. If you're cursed, then I'm cursed to, but you gotta keep trying, 'cos if things ever do work out for you one day, it'll be that much more special. I've been lonely for 24 years and I don't feel like bouncing back, but if I felt like I didn't want to go on yesterday, I've got nothing to loose today. If I'd been weak (like I feel) and given in to those thoughts and it really felt like I was on the brink, then I wouldn't be here now. So who cares really if I fail or make an idiot of myself? It free's me up to take risks, because life feels more precious when you realise that you were so close to throwing it away. It's a shame that you don't seem to have anyone to talk to and I don't either. At least, know one who understands. The only advice ppl offer is to 'Pull yourself together' and it feels like another nail in the coffin everytime someone says that, because it shows a total lack of understanding.
We aren't 'normal', or we would not need to be told to 'pull ourselves together', we'd simply do it. When your in a dark place, it's hard to find your way out, but you will if you percevere. In truth, we aren't fated when it comes to love and I'm sure you're cursed really. Meeting a soul mate is decided purely by chance, but you do have to open yourself up to give that chance a chance!
I find it hard to have faith in what I'm writing, but the only way I can go on is to read positive stuff and try and believe it.

the best activities you can do right now, are ones that fully involve your brain, to give it a break from worrying, regreatting and stressing! Either that or mind clearing activities, like meditating. And try visiting the doctor. It didn't work for me, I was fully ready to go for cognative/group therapy, but none was offered. They put me in touch with a 'crisis team' who phoned me up and visited me at home several times a week, and I could call them if I felt suicidal. It really helped a lot and made me feel less lonely and like someone cared.

I've just read a great book and it really helped me to come to terms with how I felt and you might want to try it:

It pulls the magic of love apart a bit, but it should help you understand the way you feel a bit better. It did for me. It highlights the simalaritied between love and mental illness, specifically depression. Of course if you suffer sever depression anyway, going through rejection/breakups made unbearably worse

Please keep strong. I've seen your pic in the photo album and I honestly think that you are physically beautiful. As has been said here before about SP sufferers, we seem to care 'too much' about things, so I'm guessing you have a beautiful personality to match.
Try and remember this, because if I saw you in a bar, I'd want to get talking to you.
I wouldn't, cos I'd be too nervous, but someone more confident and handsome certainly would!

Try and get better. After reading all your posts and feeling like I'm in the same frame of mind as you myself, I don't want you to die, so please don't do that. Social Phobia is a disadvantage, but that's all it is, but you've got to find a reason to get better. Find that reason and really focus on it and don't loose site of it OK?

Very well put,and remember little or anyone else who feels lonely this forum is here for you to chat/tell us your problems.Do not worry about boring us or annoying us.I love coming here and i love it even more when i am able to help someone or can relate to there situation,im here practicaly all day (well i pop back a LOT,maybe to much lol) and allways willing to listen to problems,or just clear the bordom with a good chat.Rather that than been alone and dwelling on your problems alone.

lonesomeboy

i didnt mean that sa and depresssion is a phase that u can "snap out of".. hello? i have the same problem for over 10 years! i meant that you said u have been feeling EXTRA down latetly thats what i was referring to..

lonesomeboy

littlemissscareall - if u r feeling that down and depressed, r u seeking any professional help? i think that would be the best idea.

LittleMissScareAll

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed too :( But you are attractive, so you shouldn't think you aren't. I just saw your picture in the photo album awhile age. You're a very good looking guy. :)
Ahh, I hate movies with happy endings...they always make me feel worse...maybe that's why I love horror movies...they seem more real to me because life=horror.
I've never really had a long term relationship either unless you consider 6-7 months long term. :? I've only had 1 serious boyfriend...the last guy I was just seeing off & on; he claimed we "lived too far away"...but for some reason, I cared more for him than the guy I was with 6 or 7 months, in the serious relationship(probably because he said alot of mean things to me).
Yeah alot of people definitely don't understand...I was arguing with some girl on another forum I go to just the other day...she was complaining about me always being negative about everything, and because I said life sucks...she went on about how it's all my fault that I feel this way, and that I must want to feel this way, that I'm a terrible person, etc... eventually I just stopped replying to her because she'll never understand anything. She said she had depression at one point in her life for awhile, but I don't think I believe her because if she did, she would have been more understanding.
Thanks for your advice, for the nice words(I'd be too nervous to talk to someone as handsome as you too--and nobody would talk to me in a bar, I can guarantee that...people never talk to me), and thanks for the book title...I may look for it sometime. I'm not sure if I can even find a reason to get better anymore though.

ginguitar said:
LittleMissScareAll:

LittleMissScareAll

Boundless said:
Very well put,and remember little or anyone else who feels lonely this forum is here for you to chat/tell us your problems.Do not worry about boring us or annoying us.I love coming here and i love it even more when i am able to help someone or can relate to there situation,im here practicaly all day (well i pop back a LOT,maybe to much lol) and allways willing to listen to problems,or just clear the bordom with a good chat.Rather that than been alone and dwelling on your problems alone.

Thanks

LittleMissScareAll

lonesomeboy said:
littlemissscareall - if u r feeling that down and depressed, r u seeking any professional help? i think that would be the best idea.

No...I was seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist...but I stopped going because they just made me feel worse too.

ginguitar

LittleMissScareAll:
Thanks for your kind words and I really got alot out of chatting to you. I've never had the chance to connect with someone who felt exactly the same before and it was really awesome. I'm gonna keep coming back to the SPWorld and I hope to chat to you again
:). I think it's the first time that I've truly felt that I am not alone and I thank you for that. And it seems u do have a beautiful personality to match!
My taste in films was cheesy feel good 80s, but if I watch one of them now, I just want to frisbee the dvd out the window or snap it. I'm a horror fan to, particularly Hellraiser, Evil Dead style, but its all good. I dunno about the newer horrors... The budget seems to kill the genre a bit... I liked 'wrong turn' tho.. they really captured the 70s chainsaw massacre atmosphere. I digress!

take a risk

First of all take a risk and ask her out for some coffee at break or maybe just some lunch one afternoon, You feel awkard around her because you are not comfortable around her but the more you talk to her and be social the less imtimidating she will be it will just be another person not a girl you have a crush on. Lets put it this way we would not be without a lot of great things here on this planet if no one took a little risk. Not saying that all risk are rewarding but how can you really know if you never give it a shot. So who cares what will happen in the future and focus on the now get yourself together man and take the risk get to know her. You gotta be confident even if you feel like your gonna puke suck it up and remember man the mind controls everything you do so use that powerfull tool and make your dreams happen man!!!! I wish I could listen to my own advice