Therapy- Private or NHS?

Lex365

Hey all.

I have reached a point where i simply do not want to continue my live with my fears and anxieties regarding social situations and interacting with other people. I need and want to get some form of therapy and/or counselling.

Has anyone had any of these forms of treatment? Would it be better to go private or via the NHS?

Thanks guys.

Prestonator

Hey :) Hope you're not too bad!

I also got to that point about a month ago, and have started seeing a counsellor once a week with my university student welfare department. These sessions are free, just like the ones you would get through the NHS and they are helping me already. I already feel like they are making a difference. I would say go for the NHS but I don't really think it would make that much difference. :)

Remus

Staff member
The therapy and therapists are pretty much the same, going private helps you jump the queue

Mickery

The queue isn't that long on the NHS, usually 2 months max. Still feels like an eternity when you've finally prepared yourself to do something about it and don't want to wait.

D

deleted user 1

You do realize that NHS stands for No Help fo' Shiz don't you? I'd rather treat myself with opium than seek out the NHS. Witnessed their ineptitude first hand.

Toomuchfear

How do you go about getting this therapy you speak of??

I asked my GP a few years ago and he said my problems were related to a lack of confidence. I moaned again and he gave me some anti-depressants which did not work, and a list of counsellors that you had to pay for. I really need some help because I am anxious and have many social problems

What is the therapy and how do you about finding it?