The Things that Keep You Sane

Hi. Just wanted to know what things you do that keep you sane as an agoraphobic. For me it's cartoons, finding out new ways to get stuff done through the convenience of the internet, good books and my latest edition of mental floss magazine.

Silvio

This will be an interesting thread for me.. I need some tips, as i'm quickly going mad here..!!

Y

Online games, mostly Guild Wars atm , (in game character : Heros The Phantom , add me!!!)

SNAFU

Ha, I used to get Mental Floss mag too! I find that spending time on the www helps, playing with my dogs or just sitting with them, crossword puzzles, reading is a big one... watching movies, trying to learn new things.. want to learn another language but who to speak it with? I am a graphic artist so doing anything artistic makes makes me feel grounded. Sometimes music helps, cooking... there's a few for ya!

Tryin

Music. Books. People (really). Also.. being able to think freely and look around. (There are weird universes in one's head, and what makes us go crazy can also save our sanity.)

rado31

Looking photos of nature, because when u walk into nature u realize that everything is polluted and full of trash. Comics,Books,Funny clips. Daydreamin.

rabbitcage

day dreaming, eating, watching movies, playing on the internet, playing with my dog, playing guitar, and spending time with my girlfriend or if she is at home then talking to her on the phone.

SocialRetahd said:
I am not sane. I use to take about 100 pictures of myself a day and photoshop them.

Well I'm sorta similar. Ever since I got my digital camera, when I take a pic of myself, I take dozens of pics until I get one from the right angle, and right expression on my face. Then photoshop my skin and facial features until I'm somewhat happy with it.

Primrose

Music, art, films and most of all my imagination. Sometimes I can escape into brilliant worlds whilst listening to music. I can go anywhere and do anything with it - it definitely keeps me sane.

redneck

I thought we are insane... What I enjoy doing is browsing websites, reading funny books ( Heller, Irving, Townsend) and more serious - Dostoyevsky and self help stuff, serious papers and tabloids for fun as well, humming, sleeping, cooking, cumming,drinking coca cola,scoring goals on the football pitch, going to the church, learning idiomatic English,yelling,headbanging, doing push ups,taking look at the mirror, meeting musicians of my favourites bands, gossip,listening to music, watching south park and the simpsons, going to the gym, travelling, going to the rock/metal gigs, studying, having a good chat with my half-mates,downloading new cds before the date of its release ( of course if i like the stuff I just downloaded I go to the music shop to buy a copy of it.), looking for some rarities in second hand music shop as well, cup of white coffee in the morning , seeing my family and place where I wa born, holiday, end of my day shift...

Tryin

redneck said:
I thought we are insane... What I enjoy doing is browsing websites, reading funny books ( Heller, Irving, Townsend) and more serious - Dostoyevsky and self help stuff, serious papers and tabloids for fun as well, humming, sleeping, cooking, cumming,drinking coca cola,scoring goals on the football pitch, going to the church, learning idiomatic English,yelling,headbanging, doing push ups,taking look at the mirror, meeting musicians of my favourites bands, gossip,listening to music, watching south park and the simpsons, going to the gym, travelling, going to the rock/metal gigs, studying, having a good chat with my half-mates,downloading new cds before the date of its release ( of course if i like the stuff I just downloaded I go to the music shop to buy a copy of it.), looking for some rarities in second hand music shop as well, cup of white coffee in the morning , seeing my family and place where I wa born, holiday, end of my day shift...

Wow, that's just my most favourite writers! I haven't read as much as I would have liked of Dostoyevsky, but I love Irving so much and Heller, too. Oh, and Adrian Mole series always make me laugh. I also like the other things you named. Good luck balancing out inasanity to everyone!

rado31

acting nutty , it always helps a bit , but evidentlly more to the people in my environment. if they are able to get me.

also company with nutty-behaved people. usually they are real nuts, not only performing though :wink: